Dr Dipayan Mitra
Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0191 208 6548
- Address: Stroke Research Group
3-4 Claremont Terrace
Newcastle upon Tyne
After my medical degree, I
trained in Internal Medicine and obtained an MD before moving to Radiology. I
further sub-specialised in Neuroradiology and became a Consultant in Newcastle
upon Tyne NHS trust in 2005. I joined the Stroke Research Group in 2015 as Hon
Senior Lecture to pursue academic research.
My main areas of research
interest are stroke, paediatric brain tumours and sub-arachnoid haemorrhage. I
am PI of SINONIMS which is a study of imaging biomarkers in adult stroke. I am
a co-investigator in TOPSAT 2 which is an international multi-centre study on
poor-grade sub-arachnoid haemorrhage. I am involved in a number of
national/international studies in the field of paediatric brain tumours.
I sit in the Stroke Research Group (Institute of Neurosciences) led by Prof Helen Rodgers. I am currently collaborating with, among others, Prof Andrew Blamire in Centre for In Vitro Imaging and Prof Phil White and Dr Chris Price in the Stroke Research Group.
Area of expertise
- Zarinabad N, Abernethy LJ, Avula S, Davies NP, Rodriguez Gutierrez D, Jaspan T, MacPherson L, Mitra D, Rose HEL, Wilson M, Morgan PS, Bailey S, Pizer B, Arvanitis TN, Grundy RG, Auer DP, Peet A. Application of pattern recognition techniques for classification of pediatric brain tumors by in vivo 3T 1H-MR spectroscopy - A multi-center study. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine 2018, 79(4), 2359-2366.
- Hessissen L, Amayiri N, Mushtaq N, Sirachainan N, Anacak Y, Mitra D, Figaji A, Schouten-van Meeteren A, Sullivan M, Davidson A, Parkes J, Bouffet E, Bailey S. Development of clinical guidelines for the treatment of low grade gliomas in lower and lower middle income countries - a SIOP PODC initiative. In: 17th International Symposium on Pediatric Neuro-Oncology (ISPNO). 2016, Liverpool: Oxford University Press.
- Mulcahy DD, Fletcher A, Beck R, Mitra D, Scaife AMM. Modelling the cosmic ray electron propagation in M51. Astronomy & Astrophysics 2016, 592, A123.
- Parkes J, Hendricks M, Ssenyonga P, Mugamba J, Molyneux E, Schouten-van Meeteren A, Qaddoumi I, Fieggen G, Luna-Fineman S, Howard S, Mitra D, Bouffet E, Davidson A, Bailey S. SIOP PODC Adapted Treatment Recommendations for Standard-Risk Medulloblastoma in Low and Middle Income Settings. Pediatric Blood & Cancer 2015, 62(4), 553-564.
- Basu AP, Pearse JP, Watson R, Dulson P, Baggaley J, Wright B, Howel D, Vale L, Mitra D, Embleton N, Rapley T. Feasibility Trial of an Early Therapy in Perinatal Stroke (eTIPS). BMC Neurology 2018. In Press.