Dr Ian Schofield
Associate Clinical Lecturer
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 256 3280
- Address: Dr Ian Schofield
Consultant Clinical Neurophysiologist
Regional Neurosciences Centre
Newcastle General Hospital.
My primary research interests are in both the clinical and technical aspects of Clinical Neurophysiology. I am currently involved in an EU wide clinical audit project but I also maintain my activities in the areas of signal processing and expert systems. I also have an interest and some experience in imaging technologies as applied to neurophysiology. I have been a member of the University School of Neurosciences since qualifying in medicine in 1979.
Area of expertise
- Hall SP, Traub RD, Adams NE, Cunningham MO, Schofield I, Jenkins AJ, Whittington MA. Enhanced interlaminar excitation or reduced superficial layer inhibition in neocortex generates different spike-and-wave-like electrographic events in vitro. Journal of Neurophysiology 2018, 119(1), 49-61.
- Hall S, Hunt M, Simon A, Cunnington L, Carracedo L, Schofield I, Forsyth R, Traub R, Whittington M. Unbalanced Peptidergic Inhibition in Superficial Neocortex Underlies Spike and Wave Seizure Activity. Journal of Neuroscience 2015, 35(25), 9302-9314.
- Simon A, Traub RD, Vladimirov N, Jenkins A, Nicholson C, Whittaker RG, Schofield I, Clowry GJ, Cunningham MO, Whittington MA. Gap junction networks can generate both ripple-like and fast ripple-like oscillations. European Journal of Neuroscience 2014, 39(1), 46-60.
- Carracedo LM, Kjeldsen H, Cunnington L, Jenkins A, Schofield I, Cunningham MO, Davies CH, Traub RD, Whittington MA. A Neocortical Delta Rhythm Facilitates Reciprocal Interlaminar Interactions via Nested Theta Rhythms. Journal of Neuroscience 2013, 33(26), 10750-10761.
- Foley C, Schofield I, Eglon G, Bailey G, Chinnery PF, Horvath R. Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease in Northern England. Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry 2012, 83(5), 573-574.
- Cunningham MO, Roopun A, Schofield IS, Whittaker RG, Duncan R, Russell A, Jenkins A, Nicholson C, Whittington MA, Traub RD. Glissandi: transient fast electrocorticographic oscillations of steadily increasing frequency, explained by temporally increasing gap junction conductance. Epilepsia 2012, 53(7), 1205-1214.
- Pugdahl K, Fuglsang-Frederiksen A, Tankisi H, Johnsen B, de Carvalho M, Fawcett PRW, Labarre-Vila A, Liguori R, Nix W, Schofield IS. Impact of medical audit on electrodiagnostic medicine in polyneuropathy. Clinical Neurophysiology 2011, 122(12), 2523-2529.
- Tankisi H, Johnsen B, Fuglsang-Frederiksen A, de Carvalho M, Fawcett PRW, Labarre-Vila A, Liguori R, Nix W, Olsen M, Schofield I. Variation in the classification of polyneuropathies among European physicians. Clinical Neurophysiology 2003, 114(3), 496-503.
- Pattichis CS, Schofield IS, Fawcett P. A morphological analysis of the macro motor unit potential. Medical Engineering & Physics 1999, 21(10), 673-679.
- Pattichis CS, Schofield I, Merletti R, Parker PA, Middleton LT. Introduction to this Special Issue - Intelligent data analysis in electromyography and electroneurography. Medical Engineering & Physics 1999, 21(6-7), 379-388.
- Fuglsang-Frederiksen A, Johnsen B, de Carvalho M, Fawcett PRW, Liguori R, Nix W, Schofield I, Vila A. Variation in diagnostic strategy of the EMG examination - a multicentre study. Clinical Neurophysiology 1999, 110(10), 1814-1824.
- Purohit DP, Dick DJ, Perry RH, Lyons PR, Schofield IS, Foster JB. Solitary extranodal lymphoma of sciatic nerve. Journal of the Neurological Sciences 1986, 74(1), 23-34.