Dr Timothy Williams
Associate Clinical Lecturer
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 256 3697
- Address: Regional Neurosciences Centre,
Newcastle General Hospital
Clinical research interests in motor neurone disease and its clinical management. Recent projects and publications focused on the appropriate use of and the measurement of the effects of non-invasive ventilation, and decision making around PEG percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy) insertion. Program director and regional specialty adviser for neurology in the Northern Deanery. Training/teaching interests focused on postgraduate education program and introduction of MMC.
- Jaiser S, Attems J, Williams T. A case of facial onset sensory and motor neuronopathy (FOSMN) associated with TDP-43 proteinopathy. In: 1st Congress of the European Academy of Neurology. 2015, Berlin, Germany: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Ziso B, Williams TL, Walters RJL, Jaiser SR, Attems J, Wieshmann UC, Larner AJ, Jacob A. Facial Onset Sensory and Motor Neuronopathy: Further Evidence for a TDP-43 Proteinopathy. Case Reports in Neurology 2015, 7(1), 95-100.
- Figueroa-Bonaparte S, Hudson J, Barresi R, Polvikoski T, Williams T, Töpf A, Harris E, Hilton-Jones D, Petty R, Willis TA, Longman C, Dougan CF, Parton MJ, Hanna MG, Quinlivan R, Farrugia ME, Guglieri M, Bushby K, Straub V, Lochmüller H, Evangelista T. Mutational spectrum and phenotypic variability of VCP-related neurological disease in the UK. Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry 2015, (epub ahead of print).
- Brown SM, Williams TL, Whittaker RG. A cautionary tale: Threatened compartment syndrome following electromyography in an anticoagulated patient. Muscle & Nerve 2012, 46(1), 144-145.
- Gibbons CJ, Cousins R, Pomeroy IM, Ando H, Al-Chalabi A, Chataway J, Constaninescu C, Ealing J, Hawkins C, Morrison K, Palace J, Robertson N, Rog D, Scolding N, Sharrack B, Shaw P, Talbot K, Williams T, Tennant A, Young CA, TONiC Group. Work in progress: quality of life (QoL) and neurological disease - trajectories of outcome in neurological conditions (TONiC): a study protocol. In: 16th Congress of the European Federation of Neurological Societies (EFNS). 2012, Stockholm, Sweden: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Bourke SC, Shaw PJ, Williams T, Gibson GJ. Non-invasive ventilation in motor neuron disease: Current UK practice. In: Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery and Psychiatry: Association of British Neurologists Autumn Meeting. 2002, Durham: BMJ Group.
- Mair FS, Haycox A, May C, Williams T. A review of telemedicine cost-effectiveness studies. Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare 2000, 6(Supp. 1), 38-40.
- Mair FS, Haycox A, Wiliams T. A review of telemedicine cost-effectiveness studies. Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare 2000, 6((Suppl 1)), 38-40.
- Williams T, Clarke VA, Borland R. Breast cancer and family history: Evaluation of a community resource. Health Promotion Journal of Australia 2000, 10(3), 224-229.