Treasure of the month


View previous editions of Treasure of the Month:


Armstrong Building - November 2003

Image of the Armstrong Building showing the Victoria Road extension and King's Hall.

The Victoria Road extension, which was opened in 1906, was the last part of the Armstrong Building and completed the buildings around the quadrangle. The opening of the final part of the building meant that the college, named Armstrong College in 1904 after the first Lord Armstrong, at last had it own dedicated buildings on one site. The photograph, which was taken c. 1906 is interesting as it shows the site before the Bedson Building was built to the right.

The photograph is from a collection held in the University Publications Archive within Special Collections.