Section D: Circumstances affecting your studies

Change of Circumstances (Transfer, Suspend Studies or Withdraw)

Sometimes circumstances do change, and you may decide that you want to transfer degree programmes, suspend your studies or withdraw from the University. If you are thinking about any of these scenarios, you should first speak with your personal tutor so that you can discuss your options. You can also seek confidential advice from Student Wellbeing: ) or the Student Advice Centre (

If you transfer from one programme in the University to another, you may also be able to transfer the credits and marks that you have earned. You will need to discuss this with the Degree Programme Director of both programmes.

Permission to make these changes often depends upon approval from the Degree Programme Director.

More information on the relevant procedures and the forms you may need to fill in is available here:

Your personal tutor should be able to help you complete these forms if necessary.