Professor Craig Robson
Professor of Molecular Urology
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 4426
- Fax: +44 (0) 191 208 4301
- Address: Northern Institute for Cancer Research
Paul O'Gorman Building
Newcastle upon Tyne
Roles and Responsibilities
Head of Excellence in Learning and Teaching, Northern Institute for Cancer Research
Executive Board, Northern Institute for Cancer Research
Research Career Development Group, Faculty of Medical Sciences
BSc (Hons) Sheffield University
PhD Newcastle University
Research Fellow, ICRF, IMM,Oxford University 1988-1993
Lecturer, Surgery, Newcastle 1993-2000
Senior Lecturer, Surgical Sciences, Newcastle 2000-2002
Reader in Prostate Cancer, Northern Institute for Cancer Research, Newcastle University 2002-2005
Professional Body Membership
American Association for Cancer Research, British Association for Cancer Research, British Prostate Group, Society for Basic Urological Research, European Society for Urological Research, European Association of Urologists, European Association of Cancer Research
Wales Cancer Bank Advisory Committee; BAUS Section of Academic Urology, Executive Committee; NCRI Biomarkers Advisory Group – Chair; Prostate Cancer UK Advisory Board
Prostate Cancer; PLoS ONE, BJU International
I completed my PhD in Newcastle in 1987 before moving to the Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, Oxford University as a Research Fellow to study DNA repair and drug resistance mechanisms in cancer.
I took up an academic appointment in urological research in the Department of Surgery at Newcastle University in 1993 and established a group of basic scientists and urologists with a strong translational research focus, primarily in prostate cancer. I have been actively involved in initiating and leading several National and European prostate cancer research networks.
A molecular and cell biologist by training, I study cell signalling in cancer. My current research focusses on understanding the molecular mechanisms that drive the progression to therapy-resistant, metastatic prostate cancer. A central theme of my research programme is the androgen receptor signalling cascade where my group has identified many critical epigenetic alterations that influence receptor function and created relevant cell models, including induced pluripotent stem cells. I have a number of ongoing biotech collaborations that involve the identification and assay development of biomarkers that distinguish indolent from aggressive prostate cancer.
Medical Research Council, Prostate Cancer UK, Cancer Research UK, Tokai Pharmaceuticals, European Union, JGWP Foundation.
Head of Excellence in Learning and Teaching, Northern Institute for Cancer Research
Module Leader BGM3024 - The Molecular Basis of Cancer
Module Leader BGM3065 – Biochemistry of Cancer and Chronic Diseases
Lecture on BMS3012 – Cancer Biology and Therapy
Lecture on BGM2002 - Biochemistry and Genetics of Signalling and the Cell Cycle
On-line teaching module for MSc in Oncology and Palliative Care
- Grey J, Jones D, Wilson L, Nakjang S, Clayton J, Temperley R, Clark E, Gaughan L, Robson C. Differential regulation of the androgen receptor by protein phosphatase regulatory subunits. Oncotarget 2018, 9(3), 3922-3935.
- McClurg UL, Nabbi A, Ricordel C, Korolchuk S, McCracken S, Heer R, Wilson L, Butler LM, Irving-Hooper BK, Pedeux R, Robson CN, Riabowol KT, Binda O. Human ex vivo prostate tissue model system identifies ING3 as an oncoprotein. British Journal of Cancer 2018, 118, 713–726.
- McClurg UL, Chit NCTH, Azizyan M, Edwards J, Nabbi A, Riabowol KT, Nakjang S, McCracken SR, Robson CN. Molecular mechanism of the TP53-MDM2-AR-AKT signalling network regulation by USP12. Oncogene 2018, (ePub ahead of Print).
- McClurg UL, Azizyan M, Dransfield DT, Namdev N, Chit NCTH, Nakjang S, Robson CN. The novel anti-androgen candidate galeterone targets deubiquitinating enzymes, USP12 and USP46, to control prostate cancer growth and survival. Oncotarget 2018, 9(38), 24992-25007.
- Jones D, Noble M, Wedge SR, Robson CN, Gaughan L. Aurora A regulates expression of AR-V7 in models of castrate resistant prostate cancer. Scientific Reports 2017, 7, 40957.
- McClurg UL, Cork DMW, Darby S, Ryan-Munden CA, Nakjang S, Mendes-Cortes L, Treumann A, Gaughan L, Robson CN. Identification of a novel K311 ubiquitination site critical for androgen receptor transcriptional activity. Nucleis Acids Research 2017, 45(4), 1793-1804.
- Moad M, Hannezo E, Buczacki SJ, Wilson L, ElSherif A, Sims D, Pickard R, Wright NA, Williamson SC, Turnbull DM, Taylor RW, Greaves L, Robson CN, Simons BD, Heer R. Multipotent Basal Stem Cells, Maintained in Localized Proximal Niches, Support Directed Long-Ranging Epithelial Flows in Human Prostates. Cell Reports 2017, 20(7), 1609-1622.
- Moad M, Curry EL, Robson CN, Heer R. Role of Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells in Urological Disease Modeling and Repair. In: Deepak A. Lamba, ed. Patient-Specific Stem Cells. Taylor & Francis, 2017, pp.177-194.
- Munkley J, McClurg UL, Livermore KE, Ehrmann I, Knight B, McCullagh P, McGrath J, Crundwell M, Harries LW, Leung HY, Mills IG, Robson CN, Rajan P, Elliott DJ. The cancer-associated cell migration protein TSPAN1 is under control of androgens and its upregulation increases prostate cancer cell migration. Scientific Reports 2017, 7(1), 5249.
- McClurg U, Dransfield D, Namdev N, Jacoby D, Chit N, Nakjang S, Edwards J, McCracken S, Robson C. A novel anti-androgen candidate galeterone acts by targeting USP12, a deubiquitinating enzyme that controls prostate cancer growth and survival. In: 28th EORTC – NCI – AACR Symposium on Molecular Targets and Cancer Therapeutics. 2016, Munich, Germany: Elsevier.
- Munkley J, Vodak D, Livermore KE, James K, Wilson BT, Knight B, Mccullagh P, Mcgrath J, Crundwell M, Harries LW, Leung HY, Robson CN, Mills IG, Rajan P, Elliott DJ. Glycosylation is an Androgen-Regulated Process Essential for Prostate Cancer Cell Viability. eBioMedicine 2016, 8, 103–116.
- Kim S, Natesan S, Cornilescu G, Carlson S, Tonelli M, McClurg UL, Binda O, Robson CN, Markley JL, Balaz S, Glass KC. Mechanism of Histone H3K4me3 Recognition by the Plant Homeodomain of Inhibitor of Growth 3. Journal of Biological Chemistry 2016, 291(35), 18326-18341.
- Logan IR, McClurg UL, Jones DL, O'Neill DJ, Shaheen FS, Lunec J, Gaughan L, Robson CN. Nutlin-3 inhibits androgen receptor-driven c-FLIP expression, resulting in apoptosis of prostate cancer cells. Oncotarget 2016, 7(46), 74724-74733.
- Romeo MM, Ko B, Kim J, Brady R, Heatley HC, He J, Harrod CK, Barnett B, Ratner L, Lairmore MD, Martinez E, Luscher B, Robson CN, Henriksson M, Harrod R. Acetylation of the c-MYC oncoprotein is required for cooperation with the HTLV-1 p30(II) accessory protein and the induction of oncogenic cellular transformation by p30(II)/c-MYC. Virology 2015, 476, 271-288.
- Rodriguez-Teja M, Gronau JH, Breit C, Zhang YZ, Minamidate A, Caley MP, McCarthy A, Cox TR, Erler JT, Gaughan L, Darby S, Robson C, Mauri F, Waxman J, Sturge J. AGE-modified basement membrane cooperates with Endo180 to promote epithelial cell invasiveness and decrease prostate cancer survival. Journal of Pathology 2015, 235(4), 581-592.
- Munkley J, Lafferty NP, Kalna G, Robson CN, Leung HY, Rajan P, Elliott DJ. Androgen-regulation of the protein tyrosine phosphatase PTPRR activates ERK1/2 signalling in prostate cancer. BMC Cancer 2015, 15, 9.
- Enshaei A, Robson CN, Edmondson RJ. Artificial Intelligence Systems as Prognostic and Predictive Tools in Ovarian Cancer. Annals of Surgical Oncology 2015.
- McClurg UL, Robson CN. Deubiquitinating enzymes as oncotargets. Oncotarget 2015, 6(12), 9657-9668.
- O'Neill D, Jones D, Wade M, Grey J, Nakjang S, Guo W, Cork D, Davies BR, Wedge SR, Robson CN, Gaughan L. Development and exploitation of a novel mutant androgen receptor modelling strategy to identify new targets for advanced prostate cancer therapy. Oncotarget 2015, 6(28), 26029-26040.
- Jones D, Wade M, Nakjang S, Chaytor L, Grey J, Robson CN, Gaughan L. FOXA1 regulates androgen receptor variant activity in models of castrate-resistant prostate cancer. Oncotarget 2015, 6(30), 29782-29794.
- Munkley J, Oltean S, Vodák D, Wilson BT, Livermore KE, Zhou Y, Star E, Floros VI, Johannessen B, Knight B, McCullagh P, McGrath J, Crundwell M, Skotheim RI, Robson CN, Leung HY, Harries LW, Rajan P, Mills IG, Elliott DJ. The androgen receptor controls expression of the cancer-associated sTn antigen and cell adhesion through induction of ST6GalNAc1 in prostate cancer. Oncotarget 2015, 6(33), 34358-34374.
- Cano LQ, Lavery DN, Sin S, Spanjaard E, Brooke GN, Tilman JD, Abroaf A, Gaughan L, Robson CN, Heer R, Mauri F, de Rooij J, Driouch K, Bevan CL. The co-chaperone p23 promotes prostate cancer motility and metastasis. Molecular Oncology 2015, 9(1), 295-308.
- Wade MA, Jones D, Wilson L, Stockley J, Coffey K, Robson CN, Gaughan L. The histone demethylase enzyme KDM3A is a key estrogen receptor regulator in breast cancer. Nucleic Acids Research 2015, 43(1), 196-207.
- Munkley J, Livermore KE, McClurg UL, Kalna G, Knight B, McCullagh P, McGrath J, Crundwell M, Leung HY, Robson CN, Harries LW, Rajan P, Elliott DJ. The PI3K regulatory subunit gene PIK3R1 is under direct control of androgens and repressed in prostate cancer cells. Oncoscience 2015, 2(9).
- Stockley J, Markert E, Zhou Y, Robson CN, Elliott DJ, Lindberg J, Leung HY, Rajan P. The RNA-binding protein Sam68 regulates expression and transcription function of the androgen receptor splice variant AR-V7. Scientific Reports 2015, 5, 13426.
- McClurg UL, Harle VJ, Nabbi A, Batalha-Pereira A, Walker S, Coffey K, Gaughan L, McCracken SRC, Robson CN. Ubiquitin-specific protease 12 interacting partners Uaf-1 and WDR20 are potential therapeutic targets in prostate cancer. Oncotarget 2015, 6(35).
- Curry EL, Moad M, Robson CN, Heer R. Using induced pluripotent stem cells as a tool for modelling carcinogenesis. World Journal of Stem Cells 2015, 7(2), 461-469.
- Munkley J, Rajan P, Lafferty NP, Dalgliesh C, Jackson RM, Robson CN, Leung HY, Elliott DJ. A novel androgen-regulated isoform of the TSC2 tumour suppressor gene increases cell proliferation. OncoTarget 2014, 5(1), 131-139.
- McClurg UL, Summerscales EE, Harle VJ, Gaughan L, Robson CN. Deubiquitinating enzyme Usp12 regulates the interaction between the androgen receptor and the Akt pathway. Oncotarget 2014, 5(16), 7081-7092.
- Rajan P, Stockley J, Sudbery IM, Fleming JT, Hedley A, Kalna G, Sims D, Ponting CP, Heger A, Robson CN, McMenemin RM, Pedley ID, Leung HY. Identification of a candidate prognostic gene signature by transcriptome analysis of matched pre-and post-treatment prostatic biopsies from patients with advanced prostate cancer. BMC Cancer 2014, 14, 977.
- Fitzpatrick JM, Bellmunt J, Fizazi K, Heidenreich A, Sternberg CN, Tombal B, Alcaraz A, Bahl A, Bracarda S, Di Lorenzo G, Efstathiou E, Finn SP, Fossa S, Gillessen S, Kellokumpu-Lehtinen PL, Lecouvet FE, Oudard S, de Reijke TM, Robson CN, De Santis M, Seruga B, de Wit R. Optimal management of metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: Highlights from a European Expert Consensus Panel. European Journal of Cancer 2014, 50(9), 1617-1627.
- O'Neill DJ, Williamson SC, Alkharaif D, Monteiro ICM, Goudreault M, Gaughan L, Robson CN, Gingras AC, Binda O. SETD6 controls the expression of estrogen-responsive genes and proliferation of breast carcinoma cells. Epigenetics 2014, 9(7), 942-950.
- Moad M, Pal D, Hepburn AC, Williamson SC, Wilson L, Lako M, Armstrong L, Hayward SW, Franco O, Cates J, Fordham SE, Przyborski S, Carr-Wilkinson J, Robson CN, Heer R. A novel model of urinary tract differentiation, tissue regeneration, and disease: Reprogramming human prostate and bladder cells into induced pluripotent stem cells. European Urology 2013, 64(5), 753-761.
- Loddick SA, Ross SJ, Thomason AG, Robinson DM, Walker GE, Dunkley TPJ, Brave SR, Broadbent N, Stratton NC, Trueman D, Mouchet E, Shaheen FS, Jacobs VN, Cumberbatch M, Wilson J, Jones RDO, Bradbury RH, Rabow A, Gaughan L, Womack C, Barry ST, Robson CN, Critchlow SE, Wedge SR, Brooks AN. AZD3514: A Small Molecule That Modulates Androgen Receptor Signaling and Function In Vitro and In Vivo. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics 2013, 12(9), 1715-1727.
- Williamson SC, Mitter R, Hepburn AC, Wilson L, Mantilla A, Leung HY, Robson CN, Heer R. Characterisations of human prostate stem cells reveal deficiency in class I UGT enzymes as a novel mechanism for castration-resistant prostate cancer. British Journal of Cancer 2013, 109(4), 950-956.
- Burska UL, Harle VJ, Coffey K, Darby S, Ramsey H, O'Neill D, Logan IR, Gaughan L, Robson CN. Deubiquitinating Enzyme Usp12 Is a Novel Co-activator of the Androgen Receptor. Journal of Biological Chemistry 2013, 288(45), 32641-32650.
- Bennett HL, Stockley J, Fleming JT, Mandal R, O'Prey J, Ryan KM, Robson CN, Leung HY. Does androgen-ablation therapy (AAT) associated autophagy have a pro-survival effect in LNCaP human prostate cancer cells?. BJU International 2013, 111(4), 672-682.
- Gaughan L, Stockley J, Coffey K, O'Neill D, Jones DL, Wade M, Wright J, Moore M, Tse S, Rogerson L, Robson CN. KDM4B is a Master Regulator of the Estrogen Receptor Signalling Cascade. Nucleic Acids Research 2013, 41(14), 6892-6904.
- Clark EL, Hadjimichael C, Temperley R, Barnard A, Fuller-Pace FV, Robson CN. p68/DdX5 Supports β-Catenin & RNAP II during Androgen Receptor Mediated Transcription in Prostate Cancer. PLoS One 2013, 8(1), e54150.
- Townes CL, Ali A, Gross N, Pal D, Williamson SC, Heer R, Robson CN, Pickard R, Hall J. Prostate specific antigen enhances the innate defence of prostatic epithelium against Escherichia coli infection. The Prostate 2013, 73(14), 1529-1537.
- Heer R, Hepburn AC, Williamson SC, Kennedy A, El-Sherif A, Soomro NA, Brown CD, Robson CN. Renal differentiation from adult spermatogonial stem cells. Renal Failure 2013, 35(10), 1387-1391.
- Pal D, Moad M, Hepburn AC, Williamson SC, Robson CN, Heer R. Reply from Authors re: "Reprogramming Stromal Cell from the Urinary Tract and Prostate: A Trip to Pluripotency and Back?". European Urology 2013. In Press.
- Pal D, Moad M, Hepburn AC, Williamson SC, Robson CN, Heer R. Reply from Authors re: Felix Wezel, Jennifer Southgate. Reprogramming Stromal Cells from the Urinary Tract and Prostate: A Trip to Pluripotency and Back? Eur Urol 2013;64:762-4. European Urology 2013, 64(5), 764-765.
- Coffey K, Rogerson L, Ryan-Munden C, Alkharaif D, Stockley J, Heer R, Sahadevan K, O'Neill D, Jones D, Darby S, Staller P, Mantilla A, Gaughan L, Robson CN. The lysine demethylase, KDM4B, is a key molecule in androgen receptor signalling and turnover. Nucleic Acids Research 2013, 41(8), 4433-4446.
- Pal D, Rigas AC, Williamson SC, Moad M, Carr-Wilkinson J, Lako L, Robson CN, Heer R. Induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) re-programming in the human prostate. In: Annual Meeting of the Society of Academic and Research Surgery. 2012, Nottingham, UK: John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
- Pal D, Rigas AC, Williamson SC, Moad M, Robson CN, Heer R. The role of epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT) in iPS induction of human prostate. In: Annual Meeting of the Society of Academic and Research Surgery. 2012, Nottingham, UK: John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
- Elattar A, Warburton KG, Mukhopadhyay A, Freer RM, Shaheen F, Cross PA, Plummer ER, Robson CN, Edmondson RJ. Androgen receptor expression is a biological marker for androgen sensitivity in high grade serous epithelial ovarian cancer. Gynecologic Oncology 2012, 124(1), 142-147.
- Coffey K, Blackburn TJ, Cook S, Golding BT, Griffin RJ, Hardcastle IR, Hewitt L, Huberman K, McNeill HV, Newell DR, Roche C, Ryan-Munden CA, Watson A, Robson CN. Characterisation of a Tip60 specific inhibitor, NU9056, in prostate cancer. PLoS One 2012, 7(10), e45539.
- Williamson SC, Hepburn AC, Wilson L, Coffey K, Ryan-Munden CA, Pal D, Leung HY, Robson CN, Heer R. Human α2β1HI CD133+VE Epithelial Prostate Stem Cells Express Low Levels of Active Androgen Receptor. PLoS One 2012, 7(11), e48944.
- Williamson C, Blackwood JK, Greaves L, Wilson L, Pickard RS, Lako M, Robson CN, Turnbull DM, Taylor RW, Heer R. Lineage tracking in situ: Where are the prostate stem cells? What are they doing?. In: Annual Meeting of the Society of Academic and Research Surgery. 2012, Nottingham, UK: John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
- Townes CL, Ali A, Lanz M, Gross N, Robson C, Pickard R, Hall J. Prostate specific antigen: Enhancing the anti-microbial response of the prostate during urinary tract infection. In: FASEB Journal. 2012, Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology.
- Coffey K, Robson CN. Regulation of the androgen receptor by post-translational modifications. Journal of Endocrinology 2012, 215(2), 221-237.
- Rigas AC, Williamson SC, Kennedy A, El-Sherif A, Soomro NA, Brown CDA, Robson CN, Heer R. Renal differentiation from adult spermatogonial stem cells. In: Annual Meeting of the Society of Academic and Research Surgery. 2012, Nottingham, UK: John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
- Hepburn AC, Veeratterapillay R, Williamson SC, El-Sherif A, Sahay N, Thomas HD, Mantilla A, Pickard RS, Robson CN, Heer R. Side Population in Human Non-Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer Enriches for Cancer Stem Cells That Are Maintained by MAPK Signalling. PLoS One 2012, 7(11), e50690.
- Townes CL, Ali A, Lanz M, Gross N, Robson CN, Hall J, Pickard RS. The protective antimicrobial effect of raised prostate specific antigen levels during male urinary tract infection. In: 27th Annual Congress of the European Association of Urology. 2012, Paris, France: Elsevier BV.
- de Jong A, Merkx R, Berlin I, Rodenko B, Wijdeven RHM, El Atmioui D, Yalcin Z, Robson CN, Neefjes JJ, Ovaa H. Ubiquitin-Based Probes Prepared by Total Synthesis To Profile the Activity of Deubiquitinating Enzymes. ChemBioChem 2012, 13(15), 2251-2258.
- Blackwood JK, Williamson SC, Greaves LC, Wilson L, Rigas AC, Sandher R, Pickard RS, Robson CN, Turnbull DM, Taylor RW, Heer R. In situ lineage tracking of human prostatic epithelial stem cell fate reveals a common clonal origin for basal and luminal cells. Journal of Pathology 2011, 225(2), 181-188.
- Brooke GN, Culley RL, Dart DA, Mann DJ, Gaughan L, McCracken SR, Robson CN, Spencer-Dene B, Gamble SC, Powell SM, Wait R, Waxman J, Walker MM, Bevan CL. FUS/TLS Is a Novel Mediator of Androgen-Dependent Cell-Cycle Progression and Prostate Cancer Growth. Cancer Research 2011, 71(3), 914-924.
- Rajan P, Dalgliesh C, Carling PJ, Buist T, Zhang CL, Grellscheid SN, Armstrong K, Stockley J, Simillion C, Gaughan L, Kalna G, Zhang MQ, Robson CN, Leung HY, Elliott DJ. Identification of Novel Androgen-Regulated Pathways and mRNA Isoforms through Genome-Wide Exon-Specific Profiling of the LNCaP Transcriptome. PLoS One 2011, 6(12), e29088.
- Gaughan L, Stockley J, Wang N, McCracken S, Truemann A, Armstrong K, Shaheen F, Watt K, McEwan I, Wang C, Pestell RG, Robson CN. Regulation of the androgen receptor by SET9-mediated methylation. Nucleic Acids Research 2011, 39(4), 1266-1279.
- Shaheen FS, Znojek P, Fisher A, Webster M, Plummer R, Gaughan L, Smith GCM, Leung HY, Curtin NJ, Robson CN. Targeting the DNA Double Strand Break Repair Machinery in Prostate Cancer. PLoS One 2011, 6(5), e20311.
- Armstrong K, Ahmad I, Kalna G, Tan SS, Edwards J, Robson CN, Leung HY. Upregulated FGFR1 expression is associated with the transition of hormone-naive to castrate-resistant prostate cancer. British Journal of Cancer 2011, 105(9), 1362-1369.
- McCracken S, Durkan G, Pickard R, Robson C. Diagnosis and management of prostate cancer in the older man. Reviews in Clinical Gerontology 2010, 20(3), 193-204.
- Wiltshire C, Singh BL, Stockley J, Fleming J, Doyle B, Barnetson R, Robson CN, Kozielski F, Leung HY. Docetaxel-resistant prostate cancer cells remain sensitive to S-trityl-L-cysteine-mediated Eg5 inhibition. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics 2010, 9(6), 1730-1739.
- Hori S, Jabbar T, Kachroo N, Vasconcelos J, Robson C, Gnanapragasam V. Outcomes and predictive factors for biochemical relapse following primary androgen deprivation therapy in men with bone scan negative prostate cancer. Journal of Cancer Research and Clinical Oncology 2010, 137(2), 235-241.
- Lee JH, Jung C, Javadian-Elyaderani P, Schweyer S, Schutte D, Shoukier M, Karimi-Busheri F, Weinfeld M, Rasouli-Nia A, Hengstler JG, Mantilla A, Soleimanpour-Lichaei HR, Engel W, Robson CN, Nayernia K. Pathways of Proliferation and Antiapoptosis Driven in Breast Cancer Stem Cells by Stem Cell Protein Piwil2. Cancer Research 2010, 70(11), 4569-4579.
- Johnson N, Bentley J, Wang LZ, Newell DR, Robson CN, Shapiro GI, Curtin NJ. Pre-clinical evaluation of cyclin-dependent kinase 2 and 1 inhibition in anti-estrogen-sensitive and resistant breast cancer cells. British Journal of Cancer 2010, 102(2), 342-350.
- Sheach LA, Adeney EM, Kucukmetin A, Wilkinson SJ, Fisher AD, Elattar A, Robson CN, Edmondson RJ. Androgen-related expression of G-proteins in ovarian cancer. British Journal of Cancer 2009, 101(3), 498-503.
- Logan IR, McNeill HV, Cook S, Lu X, Meek DW, Fuller-Pace FV, Lunec J, Robson CN. Heat shock factor-1 modulates p53 activity in the transcriptional response to DNA damage. Nucleic Acids Research 2009, 37(9), 2962-2973.
- Rajan P, Dalgliesh C, Bourgeois CF, Heiner M, Emami K, Clark EL, Bindereif A, Stevenin J, Robson CN, Leung HY, Elliott DJ. Proteomic identification of heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein L as a novel component of SLM/Sam68 Nuclear Bodies. BMC Cell Biology 2009, 10(1), 82.
- McCracken SRC, Ramsay A, Heer R, Mathers ME, Jenkins BL, Edwards J, Robson CN, Marquez R, Cohen P, Leung HY. Aberrant expression of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 5 in human prostate cancer. Oncogene 2008, 27(21), 2978-2988.
- Darby S, Cross SS, Brown NJ, Hamdy F, Robson CN. BMP-6 over-expression in prostate cancer is associated with increased Id-1 protein and a more invasive phenotype. Journal of Pathology 2008, 214(3), 394-404.
- Clark EL, Coulson AC, Dalgliesh C, Rajan P, Nicol SM, Fleming S, Heer R, Gaughan L, Leung HY, Elliott DJ, Fuller-Pace FV, Robson CN. The RNA helicase p68 is a novel androgen receptor coactivator involved in splicing and is overexpressed in prostate cancer. Cancer Research 2008, 68(19), 7938-7946.
- Rajan P, Gaughan L, Dalgliesh C, El-Sherif A, Robson CN, Leung HY, Elliott DJ. The RNA-binding and adaptor protein Sam68 modulates signal-dependent splicing and transcriptional activity of the androgen receptor. Journal of Pathology 2008, 215(1), 67-77.
- Logan, I., McNeill, H., Cook, S., Lu, X., Lunec, J., Robson, C.N. Analysis of the MDM2 antagonist nutlin-3 in human prostate cancer cells. Prostate 2007, 67(8), 900-906.
- Darby S, Stockley J, Khan M, Robson CN, Leung HY, Gnanapragasam VJ. Expression of GnRH type II is regulated by the androgen receptor in prostate cancer. Endocrine-Related Cancer 2007, 14(3), 613-624.
- Sahadevan K, Darby S, Leung HY, Mathers ME, Robson CN, Gnanapragasam VJ. Selective over-expression of fibroblast growth factor receptors 1 and 4 in clinical prostate cancer. Journal of Pathology 2007, 213(1), 82-90.
- Rigas AC, Robson CN, Curtin NJ. Therapeutic potential of CDK inhibitor NU2058 in androgen-independent prostate cancer. Oncogene 2007, 26(55), 7611-7619.
- Logan IR, Gaughan L, McCracken SRC, Sapountzi V, Leung HY, Robson CN. Human PIRH2 enhances androgen receptor signaling through inhibition of histone deacetylase 1 and is overexpressed in prostate cancer. Molecular and Cellular Biology 2006, 26(17), 6502-6510.
- Heer, R., Collins, A., Robson, C.N., Shenton, B.K., Leung, H.K. KGF suppresses α2β1 integrin function and promotes differentiation of the transient amplifying population in human prostatic epithelium. Journal of Cell Science 2006, 119(7), 1416-1424.
- Darby, S., Sahadevan, K., Khan, M. M., Robson, C. N., Leung, H. Y., Gnanapragasam, V. J. Loss of Sef (similar expression to FGF) expression is associated with high grade and metastatic prostate cancer. Oncogene 2006, 25(29), 4122-4127.
- Richardson GD, Robson CN, Lang SH, Neal DE, Maitland NJ, Collins AT. CD133 as a putative prostatic epithelial stem cell marker. In: Northern England & Scottish Urologist Society Special meeting. 2003.
- Richardson GD, Robson CN, Lang SH, Neal DE, Maitland NJ, Collins AT. CD133 as a putative prostatic epithelial stem cell marker. In: The British Prostate Group Collaborative Executive Meeting. 2002.
- Richardson GD, Robson CN, Lang SH, Neal DE, Maitland NJ, Collins AT. Identification of differentially-expressed genes in the stem cells and transit amplifying compartments of prostatic epithelia by microarray. In: The British Prostate Group Collaborative Executive Meeting. 2002.
- Richardson GD, Robson CN, Collins AT. AC133 as a putative prostatic epithelial stem cell marker. In: The British Prostate Group Annual Meeting. 2001.