Ruth Da Silva
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Stroke Research Group
3-4 Claremont Terrace
Newcastle upon Tyne
I am an occupational therapist with an interest in self-directed interventions and the use of technology to support rehabilitation. I am currently a co-investigator on the WAVES study which is a multi-centre pilot study evaluating the feasibility of integrating a wrist worn device to prompt stroke patients to increase activity of their stroke arm. The WAVES study will form the basis of my PhD thesis which has a focus on the evaluation of self-directed arm interventions and how accelerometer data can be utilised to inform and guide therapeutic interventions.
- Da-Silva R, van Wijck F, Shaw L, Rodgers H, Balaam M, Brkic L, Ploetz T, Jackson D, Ladha K, Price CI. Prompting arm activity after stroke: a clinical proof of concept study of wrist-worn accelerometers with a vibrating alert function. Journal of Rehabilitation and Assistive Technologies Engineering 2018, 5, 1-8.
- DaSilva RH, Moore SA, Price CI. Self-directed therapy programmes for arm rehabilitationafter stroke: a systematic review. Clinical Rehabilitation 2018, epub ahead of print.
- DaSilva RH, Moore SA, VanWijck F, Shaw L, Rodgers H, Jackson D, Balaam M, Sutcliffe L, Brkic L, Ploetz T, Price CI. Wristband accelerometers to motivate arm exercise after stroke (WAVES): A pilot randomized controlled trial. In: The Society of Research in Rehabilitation 40th anniversary and Winter Meeting. 2018, Bristol, UK: SAGE Publications Ltd STM.
- Da Silva R, Rodgers H, Shaw L, van Wijck F, Moore SA, Jackson D, Francis R, Sutcliffe L, Balaam M, Ploetz T, Brkic L, Price CI. Wristband accelerometers to motivate arm exercise after stroke (WAVES): Activity data from a pilot randomised controlled trial. In: 12th World Congress of the International Society of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine. 2018, Paris: Elsevier Masson SAS.
- Da-Silva RH, Moore SA, Price CIM. A systematic review of self-directed therapy programmes for upper limb rehabilitation after stroke. In: UK Stroke Forum. 2017, Liverpool: SAGE. In Preparation.
- Da Silva RH, Moore S, Jamieson D, Balaam M, Brittain K, Brkic L, Ploetz T, Rodgers H, Shaw L, van Wijck F, Price C. Wrist worn accelerometers with vibrating-alert to prompt exercises after stroke (WAVES). In: 2nd European Stroke Organisation Conference 2016. 2016, Barcelona, Spain: Sage Journals.
- Moore SA, Da Silva R, Balaam M, Brkic L, Jackson D, Jamieson D, Ploetz T, Rodgers H, Shaw L, van Wijck F, Price C. Wristband Accelerometers to motiVate arm Exercise after Stroke (WAVES): study protocol for a pilot randomized controlled trial. Trials 2016, 17, 508.