Dr Suzanne Madgwick
Wellcome Trust Career Re-entry Fellow
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 8723
- Address: Institute for Cell and Molecular Biosciences
University of Newcastle upon Tyne
Newcastle upon Tyne
- Madgwick S, Jones KT. How eggs arrest at metaphase II: MPF stabilisation plus APC/C inhibition equals Cytostatic Factor. Cell Division 2007, 2, 1-7.
- Reis A, Madgwick S, Chang H-Y, Nabti I, Levasseur M, Jones KT. Prometaphase APCcdh1 activity prevents non-disjunction in mammalian oocytes. Nature Cell Biology 2007, 9(10), 1192-1198.
- Madgwick S, Hansen DV, Levasseur M, Jackson PK, Jones KT. Mouse Emi2 is required to enter meiosis II by reestablishing cyclin B1 during interkinesis. Journal of Cell Biology 2006, 174(6), 791-801.
- Knott JG, Gardner AJ, Madgwick S, Jones KT, Williams CJ, Schultz RM. Calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II triggers mouse egg activation and embryo development in the absence of Ca2+ oscillations. Developmental Biology 2006, 296(2), 388-395.
- Gorr IH, Reis A, Boos D, Wuhr M, Madgwick S, Jones KT, Stemmann O. Essential CDK1-inhibitory role for separase during meiosis I in vertebrate oocytes. Nature Cell Biology 2006, 8(9), 1035-1037.
- Madgwick S, Levasseur M, Jones KT. Calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II, and not protein kinase C, is sufficient for triggering cell-cycle resumption in mammalian eggs. Journal of Cell Science 2005, 118(17), 3849-3859.
- Madgwick S, Nixon VL, Chang HY, Herbert M, Levasseur M, Jones KT. Maintenance of sister chromatid attachment in mouse eggs through maturation-promoting factor activity. Developmental Biology 2004, 275(1), 68-81.
- Madgwick S, Bagu ET, Duggavathi R, Bartlewski PM, Barrett DMW, Huchkowsky S, Cook SJ, Beard AP, Rawlings NC. Effects of treatment with GnRH from 4 to 8 weeks of age on the attainment of sexual maturity in bull calves. Animal Reproduction Science 2008, 104(2-4), 177-188.
- Madgwick S, Evans ACO, Beard AP. Treating heifers with GnRH from 4 to 8 weeks of age advanced growth and the age at puberty. Theriogenology 2005, 63(8), 2323-2333.
- Bagu ET, Madgwick S, Duggavathi R, Bartlewski PM, Barrett DMW, Huchkowsky S, Cook SJ, Rawlings NC. Effects of treatment with LH or FSH from 4 to 8 weeks of age on the attainment of puberty in bull calves. Theriogenology 2004, 62(5), 861-873.
- Evans ACO, Flynn JD, Quinn KM, Duffy P, Quinn P, Madgwick S, Crosby TF, Boland MP, Beard AP. Ovulation of aged follicles does not affect embryo quality or fertility after a 14-day progestagen estrus synchronization protocol in ewes. Theriogenology 2001, 56(5), 923-936.
- Beard AP, Madgwick S, Quinn KM, Evans, ACO. Ovulation of aged follicles does not affect fertility after a 14 day progestagen oestrous synchronisation protocol in ewes. Proceedings of the British Society of Animal Science, 222 2001.
- Madgwick S, Beard AP, Bartlewski PM, Barrett D, Huchkowsky S, Rawlings NC. Treatment with Gonadotrophin Releasing Hormone increases male-male mounting behaviour in 8-week-old beef bull calves. Proceedings of the International Society of Applied Ethology, PC10 2001.
- Dunce JM, Dunne OM, Ratcliff M, Millán C, Madgwick S, Usón I, Davies OR. Structural basis of meiotic chromosome synapsis through SYCP1 self-assembly. Nature Structural & Molecular Biology 2018, Epub ahead of print.