We offer opportunities for:
- research into agricultural production systems aiming to enhance productivity and sustainability in livestock and arable agriculture
- food systems research extending through the food supply chain from farm to fork with particular focus on consumer behaviour and human nutrition
- social science research addressing problems of sustainable development in relation to food, and agricultural policy, and within the wider rural economy
Our postgraduate research programmes include:
- Agriculture MPhil, PhD
- Animal Science MPhil, PhD
- Environmental Science MPhil, PhD
- Food and Society MPhil, PhD
- Rural Studies MPhil, PhD
Further details of funded and non-funded PhD projects are available.
One of our greatest assets is our national and global network of alumni. After completing their studies, many of our graduates maintain contact with the School and with their fellow graduates through the Senior Agricultural Society.
Get 75% of your Agriculture PhD's course fees paid for
In 2018 NFU Mutual, the UK’s leading rural insurer, is once again offering the Centenary Award for postgraduate students in Agriculture. The award provides annual bursaries to pay up to 75% of course fees for selected postgraduate students (Master's or PhD).
It is open to individuals who have gained, or are expected to gain, a 2:1 or above in Agriculture or a related degree. They will have been accepted or provisionally accepted on a Master's or PhD course in Agriculture in the UK, in autumn 2018.