Dr Claire Elstob
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0)191 208 4322
- Address: Northern Institute for Cancer Research
Paul O'Gorman Building
Newcastle upon Tyne
Area of expertise
With a background in studying DNA damage repair, I am currently investigating genetic susceptibility of Acute Myeloid Leukaemia and the development of novel therapies for this cancer.
2002 PhD in Biochemistry, University College London
- Wade MA, Sunter NJ, Fordham SE, Long A, Masic D, Russell J, Harrison CJ, Rand V, Elstob C, Bown N, Rowe D, Lowe C, Cuthbert G, Bennett S, Crosier S, Bacon CM, Onel K, Scott K, Scott D, Travis LB, May FEB, Allan JM. c-MYC is a radiosensitive locus in human breast cells. Oncogene 2015, 34, 4985-4994.
- Middleton FK, Patterson MJ, Elstob CJ, Fordham S, Herriott A, Wade MA, McCormick A, Edmondson R, May FEB, Allan JM, Pollard JR, Curtin NJ. Common cancer-associated imbalances in the DNA damage response confer sensitivity to single agent ATR inhibition. Oncotarget 2015, 6(32), 32396-32409.
- Chappell C, Hanakahi LA, Karimi-Busheri F, Weinfeld M, West SC. Involvement of human polynucleotide kinase in double-strand break repair by non-homologous end joining. EMBO J 2002, 21, 2827-32.
- Hanakahi LA, Bartlet-Jones M, Chappell C, Pappin D, West SC. Binding of inositol phosphate to DNA-PK and stimulation of double-strand break repair. Cell 2000, 102, 721-9.
- Fordham SE, Blair HJ, Elstob CJ, Plummer R, Drew Y, Curtin NJ, Heidenreich O, Pal D, Jamieson D, Park C, Pollard J, Fields S, Milne P, Jackson GH, Marr HJ, Menne T, Jones GJ, Allan JM. Inhibition of ATR acutely sensitises acute myeloid leukemia cells to nucleoside analogs that target ribonucleotide reductase. Blood Advances 2018, 2(10), 1157-1169.