Dr Edward Law
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 2240
- Address: Wolfson Childhood Cancer Research Centre,
Northern Institute for Cancer Research,
Herschel Building, Level 6,
Newcastle upon Tyne,
I have expertise in pre-clinical analysis of single and multiple chemotherapeutic and targeted agents against childhood leukaemia. I have previous experience of HSP90 biology, and analysis of somatic copy number alterations from patients in clinical trials.
I obtained my integrated Master’s degree in biochemistry from the University of Bath in 2011, and obtained a PhD in cancer studies from the University of Leicester in 2016.
- 2011, Bath - Master of Biochemistry (MBiochem)
- 2016, University of Leicester - Doctor of Philosophy in Cancer Sciences (PhD)
Google Scholar: Click here.
SCOPUS: Click here.
I am interested in the genetic determinants of drug sensitivity in human cancers. Combining ex vivo, in vivo and bioinformatics approaches, I hope to discover new genetic weaknesses to exploit. I am particularly interested in analyses of genetic data from tumour samples in clinical trials. I have experience in the analysis of somatic copy number alterations and their link to survival.
My current work focuses on developing high-throughput methods, to assess novel drug combinations, in patient-derived xenograft models of leukaemia.
Seminar 2017 - BMS 3010
Seminar 2018 - BMS 3010
- Busacca S, Law EW, Powley IR, Proia DA, Sequeira M, LeQuesne J, Klabatsa A, Edwards JM, Matchett KB, Luo JL, Pringle JH, El-Tanani M, MacFarlane M, Fennell DA. Resistance to HSP90 inhibition involving loss of MCL1 addiction. Oncogene 2016, 35(12), 1483–1492.
- Richards MW, Law EW, Rennalls LP, Busacca S, O'Regan L, Fry AM, Fennell DA, Bayliss R. Crystal structure of EML1 reveals the basis for Hsp90 dependence of oncogenic EML4-ALK by disruption of an atypical β-propeller domain. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science 2014, 111(14), 5195-5200.
- Nikaido M, Law EW, Kelsh RN. A systemic survey of expression and function of zebrafish frizzled genes. PLoS One 2013.