Dr Amgad Botros
Associate Professor (Medicine)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +607 5553922
- Address: Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia (NUMed)
No 1, Jalan Sarjana 1,
Kota Ilmu EduCity@Iskandar
79200 Iskander Puteri (Formerly Nusajaya)
EMPLOYMENT AND TRAINING :
Currently I'm working as an Associate Professor (Medicine) at Newcastle University Medicine Malaysia (NUMed), in addition to my clinical service as a Consultant Physician .
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION:
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery ,MBBCh(Egypt).
- Member of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom ,MRCP(UK) ,
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (of Glasgow ) ,FRCP(Glasg).
- Graduate Certificate in Higher Education ,GCHE(Monash University) ,
- Fellow of The Higher Education Academy (UK),FHEA.
- Member of the American College of Physicians .
- Teaching Year 3 , 4 & 5 MBBS program.
- Examiner throughout the curriculum.
- Training for the post graduate degrees e.g. MRCP(UK)
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATIONS;
- Co Reseacher in Apixaban dosing to optimize protection from Thrombosis (ADOPT) study.
- Elangovan S, Ramadas A, Dominic NA, Botross NP, Arasoo VJT, Riad A & Qureshi AM (2015). Impact of Psychosocial Risk Factors in Health-related Quality of Life: A Pilot Study among Breast Cancer Survivors in Johor Bahru, Malaysia. Indian Journal of Psychiatry. 15 (Suppl): S12
- Paper titled ” Psychsocial factors and quality if life of breast cancer survivers” in the “Dubai International Conference in Higher Education 2015”.
- Ongoinig research about HRQOL in Breast Cancer survivors .
- Ongoing research about The "Prevalence of Complications in Dengue Virus Infection and Predictors of Severe Dengue With Severe Organ Involvements Among Adults In A Tertiary Center In Malaysia"
- Viswanathan S, Botross N, Rusli BN, Riad A. Acute disseminated encephalomyelitis complicating dengue infection with neuroimaging mimicking multiple sclerosis: A report of two cases. Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders 2016, 10, 112–115.
- Ramadas A, Qureshi AM, Dominic NA, Botross NP, Riad A, Thirunavuk ArasooVJ, Elangovan S. Socio-demography and medical history as predictors of health-related quality of life of breast cancer survivors. Asian Pacific Journal of Cancer Prevention 2015, 16(4), 1479-1485.
- Nevein PB, Amgad AR, Viswanathan S, Rusli BN, Lock HN. Chronic neuronopathic type of Gaucher’s disease with progressive myoclonic epilepsy in the absenc of visceromegaly and bone involvement: a case report. Scottish Medical Journal 2014, Vol 59(2), e1–e6.
- PB Nevein, FK Kan, AR Amgad, V Shanthi, BN Rusli. Good’s syndrome (thymoma with immunodeficiency): An unusual clinical presentation of bulbar symptoms and peripheral neuropathy. Scottish Journal of Arts, Social Sciences and Scientific Studies 2012, VOLUME 4, ISSUE I(1), 12-21.