This course has been withdrawn for 2018 entry
You may be interested in our Transport Planning and Engineering MSc
In the news
Newcastle moves up 20 places into the top 150 in the QS World University Rankings 2019.
published on: 15 June 2018
We are pleased to be part of the UK government's pilot to streamline Tier 4 visa applications.
published on: 10 April 2018
Want to know more about postgraduate study? Come along to one of our PG Café events on the 18 July on our city campus.
published on: 10 July 2018
Student blogger Kinsey tells us about the differences between studying in the US and the UK.
published on: 6 July 2018
You will study modules on this course. A module is a unit of a course with its own approved aims and outcomes and assessment methods.
Modules for 2018 entry
Compulsory ModulesCompulsory Modules
- CEG8410 Road Safety
- CEG8417 Field Class – Transport
- CEG8418 Transport Policy and Legislation
- CEG8419 Transport Modelling and Forecasting
- CEG8421 Traffic Flow and Control
- CEG8422 Intelligent Transport Systems
- CEG8423 Transport Research Methods
- CEG8424 Transport Planning and Sustainable Mobility
- CEG8425 Public Inquiry into a Transport Scheme
- CEG8426 Economic and Environmental Appraisal of Transport Activities
- CEG8496 MSc Project and Dissertation in Transport Engineering
- CEG8405 Air Pollution
- CEG8409 Traffic and Environment Management for Sustainability
Individual modules can be taken as Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
Modules change annually to take account of:
- changing staff expertise
- developments in the discipline
- the requirements of external bodies and partners
- student feedback.
Most module information for 2019 entry will be available from mid-May 2019.