Part time study
The majority of our postgraduate courses, at both Master’s and Doctoral level, provide opportunities for you to study part time. As a part time student you will study the same course as your full time peers over an extended period.
Depending on the course, part time study may be delivered:
- at regular times throughout the year
- at evenings and weekends
- in intensive teaching blocks of one or two weeks at a time
International students must enrol as full time students to comply with UK visa requirements.
Availability of part time study and the expected duration is displayed on individual course profiles.
Continuing Professional Development
We offer a range of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses aimed at busy professionals who want to further their knowledge and skills at postgraduate level without the time commitment of a full course.
Our CPD courses can be stand-alone or combined to make up a full programme of study. In some cases they are accredited by the University and/or a relevant professional body. Read about the different types of CPD courses that we offer.
CPD availability is displayed on individual course profiles.
Online and blended learning
We have a number of courses that blend online learning with face-to-face teaching, and in some cases work placements.
The online element of these courses, delivered via the Blackboard Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), typically includes readings, discussion forums, and assignments. Face-to-face teaching will normally be delivered in intensive teaching blocks of one to two weeks.
Available blended learning courses:
- Clinical Research/Clinical Research (Ageing) MClinRes, PGDip, PGCert (E-learning)
- Clinical Research/Clinical Research (Leadership) MClinRes, PGDip, PGCert
- Clinical Science (with specialist pathways in Medical Physics and Physiological Sciences) MSc
- Marine Technology Education Consortium MSc, PGDip, PGCert
- Power Distribution Engineering MSc, PGDip, PGCert
- Renewable Energy Flexible Training Programme (REFLEX) MSc, PGDip, PGCert
- Renewable Energy Enterprise and Management (REEM) MSc, PGDip, PGCert
Available online courses:
- Cancer Studies PGCert
- Clin Health Sci MSc PGDip PGCert
- Clinical and Health Sciences with Ageing MSc, PGDip, PGCert
- Clin Health Sci Allergy PGCert
- Clinical and Health Sciences with Clinical Research MSc, PGDip, PGCert
- Clinical and Health Sciences with Therapeutics MSc, PGDip, PGCert
- Oncology MSc, PGDip, PGCert
- Oncology for the Pharmaceutical Industry MSc, PGDip
- Palliative Care MSc, PGDip, PGCert