Value of award
Scholarships are available up to the value of £5,000, awarded as a tuition fee discount.
Start date and duration
Full time students: October 2017 for one year.
Part time students: October 2017 for two years. Part-time awards will be made on a pro rata basis.
Application closing date
9 June 2017
The School of Modern Languages is offering competitive scholarships to outstanding applicants for the following programmes:
- MA in Professional Translation for European Languages (French, German, Italian, Spanish)
- MA Translating and Interpreting, MA Translating, MA Interpreting, MA Translation Studies (Chinese Strand)
- MA in Film Theory & Practice
Home, EU and non-EU international applicants are eligible to apply.
To be considered for a scholarship you must hold an offer of admission on one of the eligible programmes.
How to apply
Applications for the MA Scholarships must be submitted by email to the School of Modern Languages.
Applications should include the following:
1. A CV of no more than 2 sides of A4, outlining relevant experience
2. A letter of application (600 words maximum) stating the reference number of your MA application and outlining the following:
- your motivation for Masters study
- your reasons for choosing Newcastle University
- how your experience to date has prepared you for this course
- how this programme of study will help you to achieve your future goals.
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and the information contained in the application.
Please visit the School of Modern Languages Postgraduate funding web pages for additional information on the scholarships and how to apply.
School of Modern Languages
Tel: + 44 (0) 191 208 5867