Value of award
The scholarships range from £2,500 to £3,000 each and they are payable towards the tuition fees. Tuition fees for 2018 (subject to change) are as follows:
- Home/EU students: full time £7,200 part time £3,600
- International: full time £16,200
Number of awards
6 for international students, 2 for home/EU students.
Start date and duration
Application closing date
There is no deadline or closing date. However, interested applicants are strongly advised to apply early.
Newcastle Law School has scholarships available to international and home/EU students intending to pursue studies at Newcastle University in one of the following programmes:
- LLM International Business Law
- LLM Environmental Regulation and Sustainable Development
- LLM International Law
The following scholarships are available:
- 5 partial awards of £3,000 each to international applicants
- 2 partial awards of £2,500 each to home/EU applicants
- 1 full-tuition fee scholarship to an international applicant
The Sir Mark Waller Postgraduate Law Scholarships are awarded exclusively on academic merit in recognition of academic excellence. This includes:
- recent graduates
- undergraduates completing their course before September 2016
- those currently completing professional legal qualifications
- non-Law graduates in a discipline related to the programme
- International and home/EU students
Applicants must demonstrate academic excellence which is commensurate with a 2:1 Honours degree award or equivalent.
Applicants whose first language is not English and who have not undertaken any programme of study in which English is the medium of instruction will be required to show adequate language proficiency for postgraduate study in Law. Our requirement is IELTS 6.5 with at least 6.5 in writing.
How to apply
All applications will be automatically considered for a scholarship and no separate scholarship application is necessary.
For information on how to apply for a place on one of our masters programmes, please visit the postgraduate application site - we strongly recommend online applications.
For further details please contact:
Newcastle Law School