Value of award
£5000- £8000 payable towards the first year of tuition fees and a comprehensive support package (see Overview for further details).
Number of awards
Start date and duration
September 2018 for one year of study.
Application closing date
31 July 2018.
Newcastle University offers partial scholarship awards to encourage USA athletes to undertake Master’s level study. Awards have a value of £5000- £8000 payable to the student’s tuition fee account.
Also, a comprehensive support package, including:
- Free gym membership
- Unlimited strength and conditioning support
- Professional coaching
- Physiotherapy and sports massage
- Lifestyle support and mentoring
- Access to the sport scholars workshop programme (covering topics such as sport psychology strategies, nutrition, rehabilitation and recovery).
Applicants should ideally have NCAA D1- D3 playing experience in one of the following sports: Basketball, Lacrosse, Volleyball, Tennis, Golf, American Football, Women’s Soccer, Rowing. NAIA and Collegiate Club student-athletes may also be considered. They must also be:
- registered at Newcastle University for the 2018/19 academic year.
- registered for one of the following eligible courses:
- Masters - MA; MBA; MClinRes; MEd; MMedEd; LLM; LLM (by research); MLitt; MMus; MPH; MRes; MSc.
- defined as international for fee purposes.
- resident in the USA.
- registered to study at Newcastle University city centre campus.
- students new to the University and not those transferring or repeating courses.
How to apply
Please complete the online application form.
Performance Sport Team
Telephone: 0191 208 7224