Coming to visit us is a great way to experience what Newcastle University is about.
The Open Day is a great opportunity to get a taste of what your life would be like as a Newcastle University postgraduate student. You can talk to our academic staff, support staff and current students about your subject area and different aspects of postgraduate life.
Our next Open Day is Wednesday 6 February 2019. Register for a place now.
PG CaféPG Café
We have a series of student-led PG Café events coming up in 2018/2019 and we'd love to meet you.
Our PG Cafés Drop-in Sessions provide a great opportunity to:
- chat informally with our current students
- find out about postgraduate studentships, funding and how to apply
- get a real insight into life as a postgraduate student
- have a cup of tea and slice of cake!
- see our campus
Our PG Cafe Drop-in Sessions are being held on:
Campus ToursCampus Tours
Join us for a walking tour around our city centre campus. Discover our beautiful buildings and learn more about first class facilities including:
- the award winning Philip Robinson Library
- our Student Support Services
- the Quadrangle, one of the oldest and most iconic parts of campus
- key research facilities
These tours are led by current postgraduate students who can give you a real insight into what it’s like to study at Newcastle University. Tours last approximately 60-90 minutes.
School and institute open daysSchool and institute open days
Throughout the year some academic schools and institutes run open days. At these events you can:
- meet academics and current postgraduate students
- find out about taught and research degrees
- visit facilities
You may be able to arrange a visit that is not part of a scheduled open day. Research students in particular are encouraged to visit and meet with their potential supervisor. Contact your proposed academic school or research institute to find out if this is possible.
Research programmesResearch programmes
Newcastle has excellent transport links with major UK and international cities:
- Newcastle's Central Station is about three hours from London King's Cross on the east coast main line.
- The city is easily accessible by the A1 from the north and south and by the A69 from the west.
- Newcastle International Airport is only seven miles from the city centre.
Off-Campus Events (UK)
We attend a range of postgraduate study events across the UK. If we're at an event near you, come and see us to find out more about studying at Newcastle University.
London - Postgraduate Study Fair 31 January 2019London - Postgraduate Study Fair 31 January 2019
Come and chat to us at the Postgraduate Study Fair held at Senate House, University of London. The fair runs 11.30-16.00 on 31 January 2019.
Off-Campus Events (International)
We regularly travel overseas to meet with students interested in Newcastle University.
International eventsInternational events
We regularly attend international exhibitions and visits, so if we're visiting your country we would love to meet you.
Virtual tours and eventsVirtual tours and events
If you are unable to meet us in-person, join us online.
Virtual Postgraduate CaféVirtual Postgraduate Café
We have a series of student-led Virtual PG Café events coming up and we'd love to see you there.
The events are online so you can take part no matter where you are.
Our Virtual PG Cafés provide a great opportunity to:
• ask any questions that you have about postgraduate study
• find out funding and how to apply
• get a real insight into life as a postgraduate student
You can watch our past virtual events on the PG Café site:
- Being an International Student in Newcastle
- Funding your Studies
- Careers Service and working while studying
- Application Help
- Student life
Or read our postgraduate student blogs.