NBS8096 : Finance and Investment
- Offered for Year: 2018/19
- Module Leader(s): Dr Thanos Verousis
- Lecturer: Mr Steve Black
- Owning School: Newcastle University Business School
- Teaching Location: Newcastle City Campus
|Semester 2 Credit Value:||10|
To provide a theoretical framework for the study of finance and financial markets.
To build on the theoretical foundation by studying a number of topics in finance in greater detail
This module develops further the material covered in NBS8122.
Outline Of Syllabus
• Portfolio Analysis - Theory and Practice
• Financial Markets and Asset Pricing
• Investment Performance Evaluation
• Corporate Financing Decisions
• Corporate Dividend Policy
|Guided Independent Study||Assessment preparation and completion||1||23:00||23:00||N/A|
|Scheduled Learning And Teaching Activities||Lecture||9||3:00||27:00||N/A|
|Guided Independent Study||Directed research and reading||1||25:00||25:00||N/A|
|Guided Independent Study||Independent study||1||25:00||25:00||N/A|
Teaching Rationale And Relationship
Teaching sessions will include lecture material but also practical exercises to emphasise the application of the techniques discussed.
The format of resits will be determined by the Board of Examiners
|Written Examination||120||2||A||100||Unseen exam|
Assessment Rationale And Relationship
Unseen examination motivates effort to acquire understanding and operational grasp of principles and techniques. It also guarantees that assessment is based on student’s own work and abilities.