NBS8335 : Corporate Finance
- Offered for Year: 2019/20
- Module Leader(s): Dr Jong Shin
- Lecturer: Mr Yacoub Sleibi
- Owning School: Newcastle University Business School
- Teaching Location: Newcastle City Campus
|Semester 1 Credit Value:||10|
This module aims to provide students with fundamental concepts and tools to understand financing decision of firms. The module covers corporate governance, financial statement analysis, investment decision, capital structure and pay-out decision and merger and acquisition.
Outline Of Syllabus
1. Corporate Governance
2. Financial Statement and Financial Ratio Analysis
3. Capital Investment Decisions
4. Capital Structure Decisions
5. Capital Structure under Imperfect Market
6. Payout Policy
1. Corporate Governance and Financial Statement Analysis
2. Equity valuation
3. Investment Decision
4. Capital Structure and Pay-out policy
|Scheduled Learning And Teaching Activities||Lecture||7||2:00||14:00||N/A|
|Guided Independent Study||Assessment preparation and completion||1||32:00||32:00||N/A|
|Scheduled Learning And Teaching Activities||Small group teaching||4||1:00||4:00||N/A|
|Guided Independent Study||Independent study||1||50:00||50:00||N/A|
Teaching Rationale And Relationship
Lectures are for delivery of concepts and knowledge.
Small group teaching sessions are for practices and immediate feedback.
Independent study is to facilitate critical thinking and active learning
The format of resits will be determined by the Board of Examiners
|Written Examination||90||1||A||100||MCQs and short essays|
|PC Examination||1||M||Mock exam provided via Blackboard|
|Prob solv exercises||1||M||Seminar questions are provided|
Assessment Rationale And Relationship
Unseen written examination is designed to encourage students to study across a broad range of topics.