SEL8148 : English MLitt Research Assignments
- Offered for Year: 2019/20
- Module Leader(s): Dr Neelam Srivastava
- Owning School: English Lit, Language & Linguistics
- Teaching Location: Newcastle City Campus
|Semester 1 Credit Value:||50|
|Semester 2 Credit Value:||30|
- To foster independent thinking and research through a series of structured assignments conceived by the student and developed in close consultation with a supervisor
- To prepare students for doctoral research where appropriate
Outline Of Syllabus
The MLitt is a flexible, individually-tailored research programme. In consultation with the primary supervisor, students write two, three, or four Research Assignments. The combined length of the Research Assignments is between 16,000 and 24,000 words.
|Guided Independent Study||Independent study||790||1:00||790:00||N/A|
|Scheduled Learning And Teaching Activities||Dissertation/project related supervision||10||1:00||10:00||N/A|
Teaching Rationale And Relationship
One to one consultation with a specialist supervisor ensures students receive expert support in their chosen area of research. The teaching methods closely resemble those at doctoral level, effectively preparing students for PhD study.
The format of resits will be determined by the Board of Examiners
|Essay||2||M||100||Research assignments - combined length between 16,000 and 24,000 words.|
Assessment Rationale And Relationship
A minimum of two and a maximum of four research assignments are to be submitted.