SEL8149 : English MLitt Dissertation
- Offered for Year: 2019/20
- Module Leader(s): Dr Neelam Srivastava
- Owning School: English Lit, Language & Linguistics
- Teaching Location: Newcastle City Campus
|Semester 2 Credit Value:||20|
|Semester 3 Credit Value:||60|
- To produce a dissertation that extends the research knowledge and skills acquired on SEL8148 through a more substantial and sustained piece of writing.
- To prepare students for doctoral research where appropriate
Outline Of Syllabus
The MLitt is a flexible, individually-tailored research programme. In consultation with the primary supervisor, students write a dissertation of between 16,000 and 24,000 words.
|Guided Independent Study||Independent study||790||1:00||790:00||N/A|
|Scheduled Learning And Teaching Activities||Dissertation/project related supervision||10||1:00||10:00||N/A|
Teaching Rationale And Relationship
One to one consultation with a specialist supervisor ensures students receive expert support in their chosen area of research. The teaching methods closely resemble those at doctoral level, effectively preparing students for PhD study.
The format of resits will be determined by the Board of Examiners
|Dissertation||3||A||100||MLitt dissertation: 16,000-24,000 words.|
Assessment Rationale And Relationship