Newcastle University Business School has joined the ranks of the global elite after receiving the triple crown from the world's leading accreditation bodies.
The School received AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) accreditation, a hallmark of business education excellence.
The school has already been given the stamp of approval by the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and has been endorsed by the Association of MBAs (AMBA) since 1998.
Just 1% of business schools worldwide hold the triple crown and Newcastle is one of only 20 to hold triple accreditation in the UK.
Professor John Wilson (pictured), Director of Newcastle University Business School, said: "The triple crown is the gold standard in business education and we are delighted to receive this international recognition from AACSB. It is a testimony to our staff, students, alumni and our research.
"It also reflects the enormous investment Newcastle University has made in the School. We intend to build on this solid foundation to continue to develop an institution of international standing."
To gain the AASCB accreditation, the School underwent rigorous external review, evaluation, and improvement. It had to demonstrate a high quality teaching environment, innovative programming and active engagement with industry.
"We congratulate Newcastle University, its Business School and Director John Wilson on earning AACSB Accreditation," said Robert D. Reid, executive vice president and chief accreditation officer of AACSB International. "With a distinctive emphasis on research and commitment to civic impact, the Newcastle University Business School aims at not just excellence, but 'Excellence with a Purpose'. Director John Wilson and all faculty, directors and staff of the Business School should be recognised for their role in earning this highest standard of achievement worldwide.
"In earning AACSB Accreditation, Newcastle University Business School has demonstrated its dedication to management education, and its commitment to continuous improvement. Also, in receiving this accomplishment, it places the Business School in the elite company of management education providers who have earned multiple international accreditations--a pursuit of excellence that should be celebrated."
Newcastle University Business School teaches more than 3,000 students from over 80 countries in subjects ranging from business and management to economics, marketing, finance and accounting.
- Advanced International Business and Management (Dual Award) MA/MSc
- Advanced International Business Management and Marketing (Dual Award) MSc/MSc
- Arts, Business and Creativity MA
- Banking and Finance MSc
- Business and Management MPhil, PhD
- E-Business (E-Marketing) MSc
- E-Business (Information Systems) MSc
- E-Business MSc
- Economics MPhil, PhD
- Employee Relations MA, PGDip, PGCert
- Finance and Accounting MPhil, PhD
- Finance MSc
- Finance, Accounting and Business Graduate Diploma
- Global Master of Business Administration
- Human Resource Management MA
- Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship MSc
- International Business Management MSc
- International Economics and Finance MSc
- International Financial Analysis MSc
- International Human Resource Management MA
- International Marketing MSc
- Marketing MPhil, PhD
- Master of Business Administration
- Operations Management (Dual Award) MSc/MSc
- Operations Management, Logistics and Accounting MSc
- Operations, Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc
- Quantitative Finance and Risk Management MSc
- Accounting, Finance and Strategic Investment MSc
published on: 24 September 2015