Dr Gabi Arrigoni
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Media, Culture, Heritage
School of Arts and Cultures - Armstrong Building
Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7RU
I am a researcher with expertise in Digital Heritage, Digital Culture and New Media Art. My practice-based approach often involves design-led methodologies and curatorship.
I am a Research Associate on the EU-funded project Critical Heritages (CoHERE): performing and representing identities in Europe in which I investigate the role of digitally-enabled conversations in constructing heritage identities in Europe.
I have a background in Heritage Studies, Art History and Art Curatorship and previous professional experience in the museum and art publishing sectors.
Google Scholar: Click here.
ResearchMy current research interests focus on the impact of digital culture and emerging technologies on heritage practices. In my work I combine desk-based and practice-based methods. The latter include curatorial and participatory formats such as design-led workshops, exhibitions, engagement activities, symposia and platforms of co-creation.
I lead the module Digital Cultural Communication and the Cultural Sector.
In the past I have contributed lectures and seminars to the Masters courses in Creative Arts Practice and in Museums and Galleries Studies.
- Arrigoni G, Schofield T. Understanding Artistic Prototypes between Activism and Research. In: XCOAX2015. 2015, Glasgow, UK: Universidade do Porto.
- Arrigoni G. Epistemologies of prototyping: knowing in artistic research. Digital Creativity 2016, 27(2), 99-112.
- Arrigoni G, Zics B. Fiction and curatorial practice: developing alternative experiences for digital artistic prototypes. International Journal of Performance Arts and Digital Media 2016, 12(1), 82-94.
- Arrigoni G, Schofield T, Shaw T, Bowers J. Prototyping Heritage: Collections, Materials and Emerging Approaches to Engagement. In: Proceedings of the 2nd Connected Communities Heritage Network Symposium. 2015, Sheffield: Heritage Network project.
- Arrigoni G. The Pointless chat-room: coping with absence in online performance. In: Proceedings of the 19th International Symposium on Electronic Art, ISEA2013. 2013.
- Schofield T, Arrigoni G. Network Time Where it Counts. Temporality and Critical Approaches to Infrastructure. In: Design For Next: Proceedings of the 12th European Academy of Design Conference. 2017, Rome, Italy: Taylor and Francis.
- Arrigoni G, Galani A, Galani L, Halkia K, Kassaveti OE, Kakampoura R. Online Visual Dialogues about Place: Using the Geostream Tools to Identify Heritage Practices on Photo-sharing Social Media. CoHERE Critical Archive: Newcastle University, 2017.
- Arrigoni G, Schofield T, Shaw T, Bowers J. Prototyping Heritage: Collections, Materials and Emerging Approaches to Engagement. In: Connected Communities Heritage Network Symposium. 2015, Sheffield: University of Sheffield. In Preparation.
- Arrigoni G, Galani A. From place-memories to active citizenship: the potential of geotagged user-generated visual content for memory scholarship. In: Drozdzewski, D; Birdsall, C, ed. Doing Memory Research: New Methods and Approaches. Palgrave Macmillan, 2018. In Press.