- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 0191 208 4703
Louise Wilson is an Associate Lecturer at Newcastle University and a member of the Centre for Health and Biomedical Informatics (CHABI). Louise's key interests include organisational learning, communities of practice and the development of peer networks. She is a public sector management professional currently working for the NHS.
She has more than twenty-five years' experience including leadership of national training and education programmes for the Department of Health where she co-produced the influential training DVD 'Computers in the Consulting Room'. She has also produced three books including as a co-author of "eCommunication Skills: a guide for primary care" (Simpson and Robinson, 2005).
In her role with an NHS Clinical Network, Louise has been involved in supporting development of a number of successful research proposals.. In 2012, with an NHS colleague from Bristol, Louise produced an award winning health app for people managing the symptoms of fatigue and co-founded the UK Health App Network for Developers and Innovation (HANDI) see www.handihealth.org. Louise and Dr Toby Lowe are recipients of an ESRC impact acceleration award-funded project, building a development programme for Learning Community Facilitators. See www.ncl.ac.uk/kite/social-renewal/learning-communities/#about
Louise is currently working with the Connected Health Cities programme, supporting the development of a Learning Health System - see www.greatnorthcarerecord.org.uk.
Follow Louise on Twitter @NetworkLouise
Louise has taught Public Relations, Communications and Project Management skills on a range of UG and PG courses at Newcastle University since 2006.
- Cox D, Garry H, Spickett G, Wilson L, Bojke C. Tele-rehabilitation: video-conferencing for delivery of interventions for people with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. In: 2nd International Congress on Telehealth and Telecare. 2012, London, UK: Igitur, Utrecht Publishing & Archiving Services.
- Robinson P, Simpson L. e-Appraisal: A Guide for Primary Care. Oxon: Radcliffe Publishing Ltd, 2003.
- Simpson L, Robinson P, ed. e-Clinical Governance: A Guide for Primary Care. Oxon: Radcliffe Publishing Ltd, 2002.
- Simpson L, Robinson P, Fletcher M, Wilson R, ed. e-Communication Skills: A Guide for Primary Care. Oxford: Radcliffe Publishing Ltd, 2005.