The Marine, Offshore and Subsea Technology group comprises academics from a wide range of engineering and scientific backgrounds.
Our group includes naval architects, marine engineers, mathematicians, electrical engineers, and physicists. Many of our postgraduate taught courses have been assessed to meet the needs of industry and are accredited by various relevant institutes and councils.
Short Courses in Marine, Offshore and Subsea Technology
- Design and Manufacture of Pipelines, Risers and Umbilicals
- Dynamics of Subsea Installations
- Fundamentals of Pipeline Engineering
- Fundamentals of Subsea Engineering
- Material, Corrosion and Flow Assurance Aspects
- Pipeline Engineering: Asset Management
- Pipeline Engineering: Design and Construction
- Reliability and Integrity Management of Subsea Systems
- Subsea Control and Communication Systems
- Subsea Surveying, Positioning and Installing
An option for formal assessment and Master credits may be available for some courses.
Many of the courses are modules on taught Masters programmes in Marine, Offshore and Subsea Technology, which may be taken as either full time or part time.