Dr Gail De Blaquiere
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 5901
- Fax: +44 (0) 191 208 8533
- Address: Faculty of Science, Agriculture & Engineering,
Newcastle upon Tyne,
Currently a Lecturer in Postgraduate Skills Development, I have been responsible for the strategic direction and delivery of training for research students in the Faculty of Science, Agriculture and Engineering (SAgE) since 2007.
The SAgE Postgraduate Researcher Development Programme provides support for the learning and development of research students in a structured manner whilst allowing individual learning. I am responsible for the development of new training and development initiatives within the Faculty. I have also instigated a number of University-wide projects supporting the development of researchers across the whole University.
Role and Responsibilities
- Academic Lead for Employability and Enterprise (PGR)
- Member of Graduate School Committee
- Researcher Development representative on PGR Subcommittee of ULTSEC
- Chair of The Faculty Researcher Development Board
- Vitae Regional Member Representative (Yorkshire and the NE)
- Bsc (Hons)
- Postgraduate Certificate - Advanced Studies in Academic Practice
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- Jones B, de Blaquière GE. The challenges of, and responses to, working with a community of research students based overseas: Newcastle University in Singapore. In: Beyond the Ivory Tower: creating and sustaining postgraduate networks, and communities in contemporary global universities. 2015, Grand central Hotel, Glasgow, UK: UK Council for Graduate Education.
- Jones B, Wray K, Scanlon E, de Blaquière GE. Increasing the engagement of researchers with skills training through the use of grand societal challenges; a case study on engagement with, and impact of, enterprise skills training at Newcastle University. In: International Conference on Developments in Doctoral Education. 2013, Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh: UK Council for Graduate Education.
- de Blaquière GE, Jones B, Scanlon E, Wray K. ACTION 2011: Sustainability - using problem based learning to increase engagement and impact of enterprise training for researchers. In: Competence and Problem Based Learning (CPBL). 2012, Rovaniemi, Finland.
- Jones B, de Blaquiere GE. Are Doctoral Training Centres the Way Forward?. In: Centres of Excellence in Doctoral Training. 2012, Grand Connaught Rooms, London: The Careers Research and Advisory Centre (CRAC) Limited.