Business Development Manager - Faculty of Science Agriculture & Engineering
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 7136
- Fax: +44 (0) 191 208 8533
- Address: Science, Agriculture and Engineering (SAgE) Enterprise Team
Research and Enterprise Services
First Floor, Devonshire Building, Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7RU, UK
As a Business Development Manager in the Faculty of Science, Agriculture and Engineering my role is to support academic and research staff in the development of non-traditional funding sources, intellectual property, commercialisation of IP, spin out company formation and development of impact case studies.
- advice on business development strategy and implementation
- assistance with development of non-traditional funding applications and bids
- support in identifying key company contacts and approaches
- contract development including set up, legal requirements and authorisation
- commercial disclosure agreements
- intellectual property services including patent searches, IP assessments and market reviews
- costing, pricing and compliance
I have a BA (Hons) in Human Geography, specialising in regional economic development and postgrad diploma qualifications from the Chartered Institute of Marketing. I also have formal training in business development, management of intellectual property, commercialisation of intellectual property and advanced licensing. Recently I have completed the PRINCE2 foundation qualification in project management.
I have a wealth of experience developed over more than twenty years in both the private sector and HE in the UK and overseas. I have worked as a researcher and in commercial roles for the Universities of Salford, Manchester (UMIST), Sunderland and the Open University of Pulogadung in Jakarta as well as a number of positions in industry and the third sector. My experience extends across disciplines in science and engineering together with 4 years working closely with schools and institutes in the Faculty of Medical Sciences and the Joint Research Office during my time at Newcastle.
Finally, I am currently a Director and Trustee of Education and Services for People with Autism (ESPA)a top 100 UK charity providing specialist care and services for young people with Autism.
Roles and Responsibilities
Commercialisation of Intellectual Property; Patent filing; Licensing; Intellectual Property management; Contracts; Contract and commercially funded research; Technology based company spin-out; Company formation; Consultancy; Continuing Professional Development; Training; Business Development, Database and CRM development and maintenance.
BA (Hons) Human Geography
Chartered Institute of Marketing DiP M (3 disciplines)
PRINCE 2 Foundation Certificate in Project management