Faculty IT Manager (SAgE)
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 4838
- Address: SAgE Faculty Office
Level 1, Devonshire Building
Roles and responsibilities
I have overall responsibility for IT in Newcastle University's SAgE (Science, Agriculture and Engineering) Faculty.
I lead a team of IT specialists delivering specialist services and providing local support in the SAgE Faculty's 10 schools.
I am responsible for the relationship between the IT Service and the SAgE Faculty.
I am a Directorate member of Newcastle University's IT Service (NUIT).
- worked in UK universities (Durham, Southampton) with roles in Faculty focussed IT support and services, learning technologies, and web development
- been Head of Computer Science in a polytechnic in Nigeria
- worked as a systems analyst in a chemical engineering consultancy, working in the oil and process industries around the world.
Postgraduate Certificate: Learning & Teaching in Higher Education, Durham University, 2010
BEng. Electronic Engineering & Computing, University of Sheffield, 1987
Durham University - Academic IT Team Leader, Faculty of Science
Durham University - Learning Technologist
Southampton University - Web Developer, Faculty of Social Sciences
Adamawa State Polytechnic - Head of Computer Science
Honeywell Hi-Spec Solutions - Senior Information Systems Analyst
Member, British Computer Society (MBCS)
Chartered IT Professional, British Computer Society (CITP)
Fellow, Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
Chartered Engineer, Engineering Council (CEng)
Certified Member, Association for Learning Technologies (CMALT)
Running (especially orienteering and fell running), cycling, music, travel, languages