The Master of Philosophy (MPhil) is an extended higher-level master’s degree by research usually lasting one to two years full-time and two to three years part-time.
Type of Programme
Postgraduate research degree, face-to-face meetings.
Our team of academics are well established in the areas of Mechanical Engineering including Energy and Sustainability, Chemical Engineering including Process Safety and Risk Management, Electrical Power Engineering, and Marine Technology Engineering.
- 24 months full-time
- 36 months part-time
Minimum Entry Requirements
- First degree or equivalent with minimum second higher classification (2.1). Applicants with First degree or equivalent with minimum second lower (2.2) classification and relevant experience, will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- English Language Entry Requirements : IELTS overall 6.5 or equivalent
Course Fees (subject to prevailing taxes)
- SGD90 non-refundable application fee
- SGD9,100 per year of study
The course is only available to Singaporeans and Permanent Residents of Singapore.
Research Masters' courses are designed to further the student’s knowledge of a specific subject, culminating in a focused research project, dissertation or thesis. They can be tailored to the student’s interests and offer the scope to study topics that may not be available as a taught Master’s course.
This award is available in all subject areas. Students receive research training and undertake original research leading to the completion of a 40,000- 50,000 word thesis.
How to Apply
The application process:
- Prospective candidates are required to visit Newcastle Research & Innovation Institute (NewRIIS) for a Pre-application Counselling session.
(i) Kindly email the NewRIIS team for an appointment.
(ii) Please bring along the following original documents for verification when you visit NewRIIS
- national registration identification card (pink/blue)
- highest academic qualification
- updated CV
- Online application
(i) Before applying, please prepare the following documents/items
- correct programme code (Please check with PG Programme Administrator/Coordinator, if you are unsure)
- scanned national registration card (pink/blue)
- scanned verified educational documents
- updated CV
- personal statement
- research proposal
(ii) Create account for online application
(iii) Apply online
- Payment of application fee of SGD90 (non-refundable) by cheque or bank transfer. All fees charged are subjected to prevailing taxes.
For more information or clarifications, please email the NewRIIS team at firstname.lastname@example.org.