Dr Andrea Myers
Deputy Director of Medical Studies (Engagement)
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 20 84551
- Fax: +44 (0) 191 20 86521
- Address: School of Medical Education
Medical Student Office
The Medical School
Newcastle upon Tyne
- Hart RI, McDonagh JE, Thompson B, Foster HE, Kay L, Myers A, Rapley T. Being as normal as possible: How young people ages 16-25 years evaluate the risks and benefits of treatment for inflammatory arthritis. Arthritis Care & Research 2016, 68(9), 1288-1294.
- Hart RI, Foster HE, McDonagh J, Thompson B, Kay L, Myers A, Rapley T. Young people's decisions about biologic therapies: who influences them and how?. Rheumatology 2015, 54(7), 124-1301.
- Jones S, Bussey S, Barton R, Lunn B, Luke J, Myers A. Educational impact of a new summative assessment of clinical skills for final year medical students. In: Association for the Study of Medical Education (ASME) Annual Scientific Meeting 2014. 2014, Brighton, UK.
- Bussey S, Jones S, Barton R, Lunn B, Luke J, Myers A. The Utility of a new clinical assessment of final year medical students – the patient perspective. In: Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE) 2014. 2014, Milan, Italy.
- Goff I, Bateman B, Myers A, Foster H. Acceptability and Practicality of Musculoskeletal Examination in Acute General Pediatric Assessment. Journal of Pediatrics 2010, 156(4), 657-662.
- Jandial S, Myers A, Wise E, Foster HE. Doctors Likely to Encounter Children with Musculoskeletal Complaints Have Low Confidence in Their Clinical Skills. Journal of Pediatrics 2009, 154(2), 267-271.
- Peake NJ, Khawaja K, Myers A, Nowell MA, Jones SA, Rowan AD, Cawston TE, Foster HE. Interleukin-6 signalling in juvenile idiopathic arthritis is limited by proteolytically cleaved soluble interleukin-6 receptor. Rheumatology 2006, 45(12), 1485-1489.
- Foster HE, Kay LJ, Friswell M, Coady D, Myers A. Musculoskeletal screening examination (pGALS) for school-age children based on the adult GALS screen. Arthritis Care and Research 2006, 55(5), 709-716.
- Peake NJ, Khawaja K, Myers A, Jones D, Cawston TE, Rowan AD, Foster HE. Levels of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP)-1 in paired sera and synovial fluids of juvenile idiopathic arthritis patients: relationship to inflammatory activity, MMP-3 and tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinases-1 in a longitudinal study. Rheumatology 2005, 44(11), 1383-1389.
- Myers A, Kay LJ, Lynch SA, Walker DJ. Recurrence risk for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis within sibships. Rheumatology 2005, 44(6), 773-776.
- Foster HE, Everett S, Myers A. Rheumatology training in the UK: The trainees' perspective. Rheumatology 2005, 44(2), 263-264.
- Myers A, McDonagh JE, Gupta K, Hull R, Barker D, Kay LJ, Foster HE. More 'cries from the joints': Assessment of the musculoskeletal system is poorly documented in routine paediatric clerking. Rheumatology 2004, 43(8), 1045-1049.
- Myers A, Lakey R, Cawston TE, Kay LJ, Walker DJ. Serum MMP-1 and TIMP-1 levels are increased in patients with psoriatic arthritis and their siblings. Rheumatology 2004, 43(3), 272-276.
- Kay L, Myers A, Walker D. Effects of inflammatory arthritis on quality of life in patients with psoriasis. Archives of Dermatology 2003, 139(12), 1655-1655.
- Myers A, McDonagh JE, Gupta K, Hull R, Barker D, Kay LJ, Foster HE. Multicentre Audit of Musculoskeletal Examination in General Paediatrics. Rheumatology 2003, 42(S1), 50.
- Foster HE, Marshall N, Myers A, Dunkley P, Griffiths ID. Outcome in adults with juvenile idiopathic arthritis: A quality of life study. Arthritis and Rheumatism 2003, 48(3), 767-775.
- Eltringham ME, Myers A, Friswell M, Abinun MA, Kay LJ, Foster HE. Referral delays for children with juvenile idiopathic arthritis. Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology 2003, 21(4), 532.
- Myers A, Clark J, Foster H. Tuberculosis and treatment with infliximab. New England Journal of Medicine 2002, 346(8), 625.