Student Financial Support



It may be tempting to cut costs by not taking out insurance to cover your possessions.

However, we advise all students to insure their possessions whilst studying at University.

If you live in University-managed or Managed Partnership accommodationcontents insurance is included in your rent. You won't need a separate policy, although you should check that it provides adequate cover.

If you live in any other accommodation, you will need to arrange your insurance separately. Many companies offer insurance and it is worthwhile shopping around for the best deal. Save the Student has advice on how to get cheap student contents insurance. Use comparison sites like MoneySuperMarket, comparethemarket, or

Regardless of where you live, you should use a common sense approach towards security and safety to ensure that your insurance policy remains valid.

Travel insurance

The University provides overseas travel insurance cover without charge to students travelling overseas on authorised, course-related University business.


If you have any queries: