International Students

Disability Support for International Students

On application to the University

If you have a medical condition, long-standing illness, disability or impairment for which you may require support while studying please contact the Student Wellbeing Service prior to commencing your course.

Specific guidance and support in relation to you condition or disability can be found here: medical conditions, physical impairment, Blind/Partially Sighted, D/deaf or Hard of Hearing, Specific Learning Difficulty (SpLD) such as dyslexia

To access study support through Student Wellbeing Service you will also need to provide medical evidence/confirmation of your circumstances and every effort will be made to provide facilities and support appropriate to you.

Most international disabled students and those studying non-degree courses cannot usually access Disabled Student Allowance. There are specific eligibility conditions related to residence in the UK which have to be met to qualify for this funding.

In some cases, you may be eligible for other sources of funding, see Fees Funding and Finance or funding from external organisations, such as the Snowdon Awards Scheme. We can provide you with further advice on whether you are eligible and how to apply.

If you require any further information on this please contact us.