One-to-One Support

Newcastle University can help to arrange Support Workers who can offer a range of support to disabled students who are assessed as needing such support. The cost of support is usually paid by your funding body or University. If a support worker is required from the beginning of term, it is vital that you talk to a Disability Advisor as soon as possible. If you are a UK student you may be eligible to apply for Disabled Students’ Allowances.

Support can include, but is not limited to:

  • Note-taking
  • Reading / Scribe
  • Library Support Assistant
  • Practical Support Assistant e.g. help with carrying books etc around campus
  • Specialist Mentor

How to contact us -