Insuring your possessions

It may be tempting, especially if you are on a limited budget to try and cut costs by not taking out insurance to cover your possessions. We would advise that all students insure their possessions whilst studying at University. Students in University accommodation and the Property Management accommodation have contents insurance included in their rent and will not need a separate policy (though you'll need to check this provides adequate cover). Students in any other accommodation will need to arrange their insurance separately.

There are many companies who offer insurance and it is worthwhile shopping around for the best deal.

Use a common sense approach towards security and health and safety to ensure that your insurance policy remains valid.