Funding for people in education

The Chizel Educational Trust - offer grants towards equipment, instruments, books, travel, bursaries and maintenance allowances.

The Follett Trust: for students in higher education, though the Trust is not able to accept unsolicited applications

The French Huguenot Church of London Charitable Trust - offers grants to young people in higher education

Gilchrist Educational Trust - applications are considered from students who have made proper provision to fund a degree or higher education course but find themselves facing unexpected financial difficulties which may prevent completion of it; also from students who are required, as part of their course, to spend a short period studying abroad.

Scarr-Hall Memorial Trust: one-off grants according to need, usually in the range of £100 and £500.

Shell Personal Development Awards: students not yet in the final year of a university course. One-off grants of £500 to help towards developing a talent in sport, music or performance art. Grants are also available towards expedition costs and learning a language or another skill.

The Sidney Perry Foundation: aims to help first degree students, must be younger than 35 when the course starts. Eligible foreign students studying in Britain can also apply. Postgraduates may also receive support. One-off and recurrent grants with the maximum award of £800 reserved for exceptional cases. Grants are usually towards books and equipment/instruments. Applicants can reapply in further years.

Williamson Memorial Trust:  Students on first degrees.  Grants of not more than £200 a year to help with books, fees, living expenses and study or travel abroad.