Music Students

Music students who wish to apply for additional funding may find the list of charities/trusts below a useful starting point.

The Alper Charitable Trust: for young musicians in full-time education.  The trust usually gives an interest-free loan (generally £200 to £500) to help buy a musical instrument.

The EMI Music Sound Foundation: can help young people in the UK who are undertaking music education. Grants are given up to £2,500 for the purchase of musical instruments for children in full-time education and for funding music teachers to advance training and attend relevant courses.

Martin Musical Scholarship Fund assists exceptional musical talent with specialist and advanced study and to help in bridging the gap between study and fully professional status.

Help Musicians UK: can help musicians of all ages and genres.

The South Square Trust: helps students aged 18 years and over studying full-time practical degree courses in the fine and applied arts, especially those related to gold, silver and metalwork, but also music, drama and dance.

The Talbot House Trust - One-off grants to students in higher education to help with the cost with the costs of fees. In exceptional circumstances a contribution towards equipment and instruments or maintenance and living costs will be considered. No grants to Postgraduates.