Other sources of support

Personal Tutor

You may find it useful to discuss your options with your personal tutor.

Student Health and Wellbeing Service

If you need to speak to someone about the financial implications of repeating, taking time out, transferring or withdrawing you can book an appointment with one of the Student Finance Advisers.

If you are experiencing personal or emotional problems you may find it beneficial to speak to a Student Wellbeing Adviser. 

To make an appointment you should contact the Student Health and Wellbeing Service by calling 0191 208 3333 or complete an online enquiry form:

Student Advice Centre

If you want to talk to someone about your entitlement to benefits, council tax exemption or an academic issue you can book an appointment with the Student Advice Centre by telephoning 0191 239 3979 or emailing:

Study Matters

If you are finding the academic content of your course difficult and you want help with this you should speak to your tutor.  You may also find the following university services helpful:

  • University Library who offer a broad range of information to help you improve your study skills
  • Writing Development Centre which offers tuition, guidance and advice on all aspects of academic writing
  • Maths Aid – a drop-in centre to which can help provide assistance with mathematics and statistics

Careers Service

The Careers Service can offer free and impartial advice about the options available to you and your next steps.

External sources

Back on Course:
Not going to uni: