How Do I Apply?

If you’re from England you can apply to Student Finance England (SFE) for funding to help with your studies. Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loans are most common, but SFE have other types of funding available depending on your circumstances.

How do I apply?

You can apply online for your finance. You don’t need to have a confirmed place, just use your preferred choice on your application. If you’re applying for non-income assessed support (not using your parents’ income) you can fill the whole application yourself. If you want to be income-assessed your parents will need to fill in a section of the application.

Paper forms are available to apply for finance, but the online application portal is quick, efficient and user-friendly. You have to apply on a paper form for non-standard funding like the Childcare Grant (CCG).

Is there a deadline?

Applications usually open in February. You should apply as early as possible to make sure your funding is in place for the start of term. If you need to change any details on your application you can do this online before the start of your course.

You won’t be able to apply for funding for the 2018/19 academic year after 31st May 2018.

Do I have to apply every year?

Yes, you’ll need to submit an application for each year of study if you’re applying for income-assessed funding. If your details haven’t changed and you’re applying for non-income assessed funding your application might be automatically rolled over. SFE will send you a notification letter by April. If everything’s correct you’ll just need to check the details and send back your declaration form.