ACC3018 : Accounting, Change and Development
- Offered for Year: 2018/19
- Module Leader(s): Professor David McCollum-Oldroyd
- Lecturer: Mr Ranald Michie
- Owning School: Newcastle University Business School
- Teaching Location: Newcastle City Campus
|Semester 1 Credit Value:||10|
|Semester 2 Credit Value:||10|
To develop a critical understanding of accounting change and development in its economic and institutional contexts.
Outline Of Syllabus
The syllabus is comprised of three elements:
1. Change in the British Economy, which provides the context for the module;
2. Themes in the history of accounting in the pre-industrial and post-industrial eras.
3. A special study on the development of global financial institutions and markets.
|Guided Independent Study||Assessment preparation and completion||1||60:00||60:00||N/A|
|Scheduled Learning And Teaching Activities||Lecture||36||1:00||36:00||N/A|
|Guided Independent Study||Directed research and reading||1||50:00||50:00||N/A|
|Guided Independent Study||Independent study||1||54:00||54:00||N/A|
Teaching Rationale And Relationship
Lectures introduce the course material to students. Students are given a programme of required reading to supplement the lectures, and are encouraged to read around the subject as widely as possible.
The format of resits will be determined by the Board of Examiners
Assessment Rationale And Relationship
The formal examinations test the students' intended knowledge outcomes as well as the ability to communicate their findings effectively in written form.