ACC3058 : Business Finance
- Offered for Year: 2018/19
- Module Leader(s): Dr Rob Jones
- Lecturer: Mr Ben Dickson-Green
- Owning School: Newcastle University Business School
- Teaching Location: Newcastle City Campus
|Semester 1 Credit Value:||10|
|Semester 2 Credit Value:||15|
• To introduce the key concepts and models of finance and financial decision making.
• To cover the materials required for the ICAEW’s Professional Level papers in Business and Finance and Financial Management.
Outline Of Syllabus
- Business objectives, functions and structures
- The role of finance and accounting and the accountancy profession
- Governance and ethics
- The external environment
- Financing options
- Managing financial risk
- Investment and Financing decisions and Management decision making
|Guided Independent Study||Assessment preparation and completion||50||1:00||50:00||N/A|
|Scheduled Learning And Teaching Activities||Lecture||38||2:00||76:00||N/A|
|Guided Independent Study||Directed research and reading||50||1:00||50:00||N/A|
|Guided Independent Study||Independent study||74||1:00||74:00||N/A|
Teaching Rationale And Relationship
Lectures are used to provide the basic framework, demonstrate techniques and explain concepts and theory. Some lectures will involve worked examples to develop problem-solving and technical skills which students can then practice. These are supported by student reading of texts and directed learning where students can practice questions to help them prepare for the final assessment.
The format of resits will be determined by the Board of Examiners
|Written Examination||90||1||A||50||Organised in house by NUBS. In BAF Assessment Period.|
|Written Examination||90||2||A||50||Organised in house by NUBS. In BAF Assessment Period.|
Assessment Rationale And Relationship
The unseen examinations assess knowledge and understanding as well as relevant cognitive and professional skills. Their use also meets the ICAEW’s Professional Level Examination requirements.
Students will have the opportunity to gain plenty of feedback on progress.