MKT2010 : Integrated and Digital Marketing Communications
- Offered for Year: 2019/20
- Module Leader(s): Mrs Fiona Thompson
- Demonstrator: Mrs Katharine Capocci
- Owning School: Newcastle University Business School
- Teaching Location: Newcastle City Campus
|Semester 1 Credit Value:||10|
|Semester 2 Credit Value:||10|
This module aims to provide students with a solid understanding of marketing communications:
- It examines the role of marketing communications throughout time.
- It analyses the use of the main tools of marketing communications.
- Students will consider the application of marketing communications through its most representative tools with the use of extensive examples and real cases.
- It provides theoretical understanding of the digital marketing communications and teaches the use of tools and strategies related to the marketing communications in digital channels
and real cases.
Outline Of Syllabus
• Understanding the past and present of marketing communications
• The communications industry
• Marketing Communications theory
• Sales promotion
• Public relations
• Digital platforms and marketing communications
• Marketing channels and planning
• Brand placement, Point of sale and supportive communications
• Sponsorship and product placement
• Internal and B2B communications
• Future trends in marketing communications
|Scheduled Learning And Teaching Activities||Lecture||12||2:00||24:00||N/A|
|Scheduled Learning And Teaching Activities||Small group teaching||12||1:00||12:00||N/A|
|Guided Independent Study||Independent study||1||164:00||164:00||N/A|
Teaching Rationale And Relationship
The lectures will provide students with the required knowledge of the subject matter, while small group teaching will assist them in applying the learned tools in real life cases, exchanging ideas with fellow students and sharing personal experiences of how marketing communications is seen in different contexts.
The format of resits will be determined by the Board of Examiners
|Report||1||M||50||Group project - writing a plan and 10 minute poster presentation|
|Essay||2||M||50||Individual assignment 2000 words|
|Oral Presentation||1||M||Oral feedback in Seminars|
|Oral Presentation||2||M||Oral feedback in Seminars|
Assessment Rationale And Relationship
The proposed assessments will develop over time a more in-depth understanding of the concepts learned which when underpinned with further reading will provide students’ with a holistic and contemporary view of Marketing Communications.