Along with the huge variety of bars, pubs and clubs, theatre, late night cafes and restaurants, mainstream and independent cinema and live music all feature heavily in the city's bustling after dark scene.
Like everything in Newcastle, you don't have to go far to find the city's nightlife. Popular areas include:
- Ouseburn Valley, Newcastle's 'hipster' area, which is home to pubs serving real ale and showcasing live music
- Jesmond, a leafy suburb just outside the city centre
- Collingwood Street, nicknamed Newcastle’s ‘diamond strip’ for its upmarket bars
- ‘The Gate’ complex, with bars, restaurants and a multiscreen cinema under one roof
- The Quayside is home to everything from stylish bars to cosy pubs
- The city's lively LGBT+ scene, otherwise known as the 'pink triangle', near to the train station
Nightclubs are dotted around the city, providing a place to party for all musical tastes. Favourites include Shindig, Digital and World Headquarters.