Newcastle is so compact that you can easily walk from one area to another, with plenty of opportunities to refuel along the way.
Shopping highlights include:
- Eldon Square Shopping Centre, one of the UK’s largest city-centre shopping malls, just a five-minute walk from campus
- The nearby Metrocentre is Europe's largest shopping and leisure centre, featuring 330+ shops, cinemas and restaurants and is just 10 minutes by bus
- Northumberland Street, home to big brand names like M&S and Fenwick
- the Grey Street and Grainger Town areas, which feature brands like Vivienne Westwood and Michael Kors, and boutique stores like Pretty Green
- High Bridge Quarter, with quirky vintage and independent stores
- the traditional Victorian Grainger Market and Edwardian Central Arcade
- the Quayside Sunday Market with over 200 stalls
Global food stores such as Back Home International and HiYou Oriental Food Emporium cater to the city's large international student population.