Emeritus Professor Patsy Healey OBE
Emeritus Professor of Town & Country Planning
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 8810
- Address: School of Architecture Planning and Landscape
Newcastle upon Tyne
Patsy Healey is professor emeritus in the School of Architecture, Planning and Landscape at Newcastle University. She has qualifications in geography and planning and is a specialist in planning theory and practice, with a particular interest in strategic spatial planning for city regions and in urban regeneration policies. She is also known for her work on planning theory. She is a past President of the Association of European Schools of Planning, was awarded the OBE (1999), and the RTPI's Gold Medal in 2007. In 2009, she was made a Fellow of the British Academy.
- Healey P. Afterword. Planning and Conflict: Critical Perspectives on Contentious Urban Developments 2015, 297-307.
- Healey P. Citizen-generated local development initiative: recent English experience. International Journal of Urban Sciences 2015, 19(2), 109-118.
- Healey P. Civil Society Enterprise and local development. Planning Theory and Practice 2015, 16(1), 11-27.
- Healey P, Vigar G. Creating a special place: The Ouseburn Valley and Trust in Newcastle. Planning Theory and Practice 2015, 16(4), 565-568.
- Healey P. Planning. In: Routledge Handbook of Interpretive Political Science. Abingdon: Taylor and Francis Inc, 2015, pp.397-410.
- Healey P. Spatial imaginaries, urban dynamics and political community. Planning Theory and Practice 2015, 16(2), 266-269.
- Vigar G, Cowie P, Healey P. Success and Innovation in Planning: Creating Public Value. London, UK: Royal Town Planning Institute, 2014. RTPI Research Reports 8.
- Healey P. The Future of Sustainable Cities: Critical Reflections. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research 2014, 38(2), 716-717.
- Healey P. Urban Planning as a Trading Zone. Journal of Regional Science 2014, 54(5), 925-927.
- Healey P. Circuits of Knowledge and Techniques: The Transnational Flow of Planning Ideas and Practices. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research 2013, 37(5), 1510-1526.
- Healey P. Comment on Albrechts and Balducci "Practicing Strategic Planning". disP - The Planning Review 2013, 49(3), 48-50.
- Healey P. Review of: Shaping places: urban planning, design and development, by David Adams and Steve Tiesdell. Planning Perspectives 2013, 28(3), 497-499.
- Healey P. Re-enchanting democracy as a mode of governance. Critical Policy Studies 2012, 6(1), 19-39.
- Healey P. The universal and the contingent: Some reflections on the transnational flow of planning ideas and practices. Planning Theory 2012, 11(2), 188-207.
- Healey P. Thinking Planning and Urbanism. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research 2012, 36(4), 871-872.
- Healey P. Planning Theory. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research 2011, 35(5), 1088-1090.
- Healey P, Upton R, ed. Crossing Borders: International exchange and planning practices. London: Routledge, 2010.
- Healey P. Making Better Places: The Planning Project in the Twenty-First Century. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2010.
- Healey P. The pragmatist tradition in planning thought. Journal of Planning Education and Research 2009, 28(3), 277-292.
- Healey P. Knowledge flows, spatial strategy making and the roles of academics. Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy 2008, 26(5), 861-881.
- Healey P. Urban Complexity and Spatial Strategies: Towards a Relational Planning for Our Times. London: Routledge, 2007.
- Healey P. Collaborative Planning: Shaping Places in Fragmented Societies. Palgrave Macmillan, 2006.
- Healey P. Relational complexity and the imaginative power of strategic spatial planning. European Planning Studies 2006, 14(4), 525-546.
- Healey P. Territory, integration and spatial planning. In: Tewdwr-Jones, M; Allmendinger, P, ed. Territory, Identity and Spatial Planning: Spatial Governance in a Fragmented Nation. London: Routledge, 2006, pp.64-79.
- Healey P. Transforming governance: Challenges of institutional adaptation and a new politics of space. European Planning Studies 2006, 14(3), 299-320.
- Healey P. Creativity and urban governance. Policy Studies 2004, 25(2), 87-102.
- Healey P. The treatment of space and place in the new strategic spatial planning in Europe. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research 2004, 28(1), 45-67.
- Coaffee J, Healey P. 'My voice: My place': Tracking transformations in urban governance. Urban Studies 2003, 40(10), 1979-1999.
- Healey P. Planning for a sustainable future. Environment and Planning B: Planning & Design 2003, 30(2), 320-322.
- Healey P. Shadows of power: an allegory of prudence in land-use planning. Progress in Human Geography 2003, 27(6), 806-807.
- Healey P. 2000 Chester Rapkin Award for the best article in volume 19 - "Institutionalist analysis, communicative planning and shaping places". Journal of Planning Education and Research 2001, 20(4), 490-491.
- Healey P. City region 2020: integrated planning for a sustainable environment. Environment and Planning B: Planning & Design 2001, 28(4), 626-627.
- Healey P. The deliberative practitioner: Encouraging participatory planning processes. International Journal of Urban and Regional Research 2001, 25(3), 685-687.
- Vigar GI, Healey P, Hull A, Davoudi S. Planning, Governance and Spatial Strategy in Britain: an institutionalist analysis. Basingstoke: Macmillan, 2000.
- Vigar G, Healey P, Hull AD. Planning, Governance and Spatial Strategy in Britain: an institutionalist analysis (Planning, Environment, Cities). United Kingdom: Palgrave MacMillan, 2000.
- Vigar G, Steele M, Healey P, Nelson JD, Wenban Smith A. Transport Planning and Metropolitan Governance: institutional issues in implementing a new agenda for transport planning. London: Landor, 2000.
- Healey P. Sandercock: 'Expanding the language of planning'. European Planning Studies 1999, 7(5), 545-548.
- Vigar GI, Healey P. Territorial Integration and ‘Plan-Led’ Planning. Planning Practice and Research 1999, 14(2), 153-169.
- Healey P. Towards cosmopolis: Planning for multi-cultural cities. Urban Studies 1999, 36(8), 1410-1412.
- Healey P. Creating public value through caring for place. Policy and Politics 2018, 46(1), 65-79.
- Healey P. Preface. In: Making Prestigious Places: How Luxury Influences the Transformation of Cities. London: Taylor and Francis, 2017, pp.xvii-xx.