- Books on Time
- Desktop Delivery Service
- E-Print Repository
- Friends of the Library
- Inter-Library Loans
- Law Library
- Library Guides
- Library Help
- Library Search (catalogue)
- Opening hours
- Print Services
- Reading Lists
- Research information
- Special Collections
- Walton Library
Rules and regulations
- You must have a valid Newcastle University Student, Staff or Associate Smartcard.
- You must not have any outstanding Library Debts.
- The laptop may not be removed from the Robinson Library unless the building is evacuated for any reason (e.g. fire drill). During evacuations you should keep the laptop with you and return it to the Library immediately the evacuation is over.
- Laptops are issued on a first-come, first served basis and are not renewable. They are not available during un-staffed opening hours.
- The laptop will be issued with a power lead and charger. The battery life is approximately 3 hours when fully charged.
- You must not leave the laptop unattended even for a short time. You will be charged for any loss or damage.
- Loans are for 4 hours and are not renewable. Overdue charges will be applied on late returned items at the rate of £5 per hour or part of the hour. Invoice for the full replacement cost (£640.00) of the laptop will be issued for items more than 1day overdue.
- Overdue charges for the late return of the power leads are £1.00 per hour or part of an hour, and the replacement cost is £45.00.
- The loan of the laptop is not transferable.
- The laptop MUST be returned 15 minutes before the staffed desk closes (so the final loan of the day could be less than 4 hours.)
- You are responsible for the safe return of the laptop and all parts.
- Remember to save your work regularly to a memory stick, cd or home drive if using the battery, as the battery life cannot be guaranteed.
- The Library cannot be held responsible for damage to files or data loss incurred whilst using the laptop.
- The laptop will be checked by Library staff on return for any loss or damage.
- You must sign a Newcastle University Laptop Loan declaration provided when you first apply to use the Laptop loan scheme.