Dr Paul Bilsborrow
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 6868
- Fax: +44 (0) 191 208 7811
- Address: 4.07
4th Floor Agriculture Building
University of Newcastle
Newcastle upon Tyne
Roles and Responsibilities
DPD for BSc Agriculture Degree
Sustainable production in conventional and organic cropping systems
Genetic diversity of crop species - novel and underutilised species and genotypes.
Optimising agronomic management for enhanced crop quality and nutritional profile - organic fertilisers, biofortification
Biomass and renewable energy from agriculture - biofuels, biomass, AD optimisation.
January 2008 - Editorial Board member for Journal of Agricultural Science
July 2012- Senior Editor Journal of Agricultural Science
ACE1030 Mans Uses of Plants (Module Leader)
ACE1022 Crop Pests (Module Leader)
ACE2018 Arable Crops (Module Leader)
ACE2024 Principles of Agronomy and Crop Improvement
ACE3023 Combinable Crops (Module Leader)
ACE3037 Crop Pests Field Course (Module Leader)
ACE3034 Applied Crop Protection (Module Leader)
ACE3098 Agriculture Dissertation (Module Leader)
SPG8008 Biomass and Waste Technology (Module Leader)
SPG8014 Renewable Energy Resources & Technology II (Module Leader)
- Kaminska A, Gillespie C, Dodmani M, Bilsborrow P, Quarrie S, Barnes J. QTLs governing ozone impacts on wheat yield. In: Acta Physiologiae Plantarum. 2004, Springer.
- Thomas SG, Hocking TJ, Bilsborrow PE. Effect of sulphur fertilisation on the growth and metabolism of sugar beet grown on soils of differing sulphur status. Field Crops Research 2003, 83(3), 223-235.
- Wei W, Bilsborrow PE, Hooley P, Fincham DA, Lombi E, Forster BP. Salinity induced differences in growth, ion distribution and partitioning in barley between the cultivar Maythorpe and its derived mutant Golden Promise. Plant and Soil 2003, 250(2), 183-191.
- Wei W, Bilsborrow PE, Hooley P, Bibi H. Changes in growth and gene expression induced by sulfur deficiency in garlic. Journal of Plant Nutrition 2002, 25(12), 2817-2829.
- Wef W, Bilsborrow P, Hooley P, Fincham D, Forster B. Variation between two near isogenic barley (Hordeum vulgare) cultivars in expression of the B subunit of the vacuolar ATPase in response to salinity. Hereditas 2002, 135(2-3), 227-231.
- Thomas SG, Bilsborrow PE, Hocking TJ, Bennett J. The effect of sulphur deficiency on the growth and metabolism of sugar beet (Beta vulgaris cv Druid). Journal of Science of Food and Agriculture 2000, 80(14), 2057-2062.
- Iye EL, Bilsborrow PE. Assessment of the availability of agricultural residues on a zonal basis for medium- to large-scale bioenergy production in Nigeria. Biomass and Bioenergy 2013, 48, 66-74.
- Iye EL, Bilsborrow PE. Cellulosic ethanol production from agricultural residues in Nigeria. Energy Policy 2013, 63, 207-214.
- Bilsborrow PE, Cooper J, Tetard-Jones C, Srednicka-Tober D, Baranski M, Eyre M, Schmidt C, Shotton PN, Volakakis N, Cakmak I, Ozturk L, Leifert C, Wilcockson SJ. The effect of organic and conventional management on the yield and quality of wheat grown in a long-term field trial. European Journal of Agronomy 2013, 51, 71-80.
- Palmer MW, Cooper J, Tétard-Jones C, Średnicka-Tobera D, Barański M, Eyre M, Shotton PN, Volkakis N, Cakmak I, Ozturk L, Leifert C, Wilcockson SJ, Bilsborrow PE. The influence of organic and conventional fertilisation and crop protection practices, preceding crop, harvest year and weather conditions on yield and quality of potato (Solanum tuberosum) in a long-term management trial. European Journal of Agronomy 2013, 49, 83-92.
- Withers PJA, Hodgkinson RA, Rollett A, Dyer C, Dils R, Collins AL, Bilsborrow PE, Bailey G, Sylvester-Bradley R. Reducing soil phosphorus fertility brings potential long-term environmental gains: A UK analysis. Environmental Research Letters 2017, 12(6), 063001.