Every year we recruit around 10-15 motivated students to help with a variety of activities, including:
- contribution to our digital platforms
- recruitment events and open days
- Skype sessions with potential international students
- campus tours for prospective students
- focus groups aimed at improving the student experience
- organisation and promotion of Business School events
Each cohort is recruited at the start of Semester One and all students are welcome to apply to become a Business Champion.
As a Business Champion, you get paid for your work and can choose which jobs you do.
Event Only Champions
This year we also have several opportunities for 'Event Only' Business Champions.
These roles are designed for students who may not be interested in getting involved in all of the activities listed above but would like to take part in organising and running our School wide events.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please indicate this on your application form.
Types of activitiesTypes of activities
- Representing the School at on-campus recruitment events (Visit Days, Open Days, Post Application Open Days)
- Undertake campus tours for prospective students
- Taking part in online recruitment webinars for prospective students
- Assisting in school wide events, such as Career Development Week and using social media to build awareness of these activities
- Take part in photo shoots for use in promotional material
- Provide blogs at regular points throughout the year about your time as a student in Newcastle (Business School events attended, best places to eat, unseen Newcastle, study hints & tips…) –
- Produce videos about your time as a student in Newcastle under the guidance of the Marketing & Communications Team
- Produce content for emails to students/prospective applicants (student insights)
- Expressing your views and taking part in our annual student focus groups