Date/Time: Wednesday 12 July 2017
Venue: Partners' Room 8.10, Newcastle University Business School
The Business School is proud to have the North East’s brightest start-up stars amongst its alumni, and some of whom will be joined by a wealth of successful entrepreneurs and influential members of the start-up community at our event on Wednesday 12 July.
Don’t miss this opportunity to put your questions about starting a business to our panel of experts, and to network with key players from the region’s start-up network, including: corporate investors KPMG and Deutschebank; accomplished innovators featured on Dragon’s Den and at the recent Newcastle StartUp Week; emerging stars, Noveltea who recently launched at Fenwicks; and representatives from start up support initiatives Rise Up and TechNorth.
Meet the Panel
- Neil Stephenson, Co-Founder, Investor and Director at Tetrad Recruitment Group
- Bethany Ainsley, CEO at Nouveau Wellbeing CIC
- Dr Tony Trapp MBE, DL FREng, Executive Chairman at Osbit (David Goldman Visiting Professor of Innovation 2008)
- Caroline Theobald CBE, Managing Director at Bridge Club and Chair for Face to Face Ltd
- Paul Lancaster, Founder & Event Producer of Newcastle Startup Week and ‘SuperConnector’ at Plan Digital UK
This event is ideal if are thinking about starting a business; have already begun your journey as a start-up; or just want to find out more about the opportunities and challenges involved in this career path. It is also a great opportunity to reconnect with fellow alumni and stay connected with news and updates from the Business School and Newcastle University.
- 18.30-19.00 - Arrivals and Registrations, Networking, Canapes and Drinks
- 19.00-19.10 - Welcome and Update from Newcastle University Business School
- 19.10- 20.00- Panel Discussion followed by open Question & Answer
- 20.00-20.30 – Networking, Canapes and Drinks
This is a free event for Business School Alumni and Students.