Dr Claudia Gabbioneta
Senior Lecturer in Accounting & Finance
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 1728
Claudia is Senior Lecture in Accounting at Newcastle University Business School. Before joining the Business School in 2014, she was lecturer in Accounting at the University of Genoa (Italy). Claudia graduated with a first class honours degree in Communication from IULM University (Italy) and gained her PhD in Economics from the same University in 2008.
Her research explores the institutional, social and political facets of financial markets, with a particular focus on corporate corruption and professional misconduct.
Her research has been published in leading journals, including Accounting, Organization and Society, the Long Range Planning, and the Journal of Professions and Organization. She is Associate Editor of Financial Reporting and Book Review Editor of Organization Studies.
I am currently involved in teaching Case Studies in Finance, Accounting and Business (ACC3000) and Accounting, Organisations & Society (ACC3016) at undergraduate level, and Research Designs in Management and Business Studies (NBS8554) and Core Readings in Management and Business Studies (NBS8556) at postgraduate level. I currently supervise one PhD student.
I am interested in supervising prospective PhD students on research projects that deal with corporate corruption and professional misconduct.
- Clemente M, Gabbioneta C. How Does the Media Frame Corporate Scandals? The Case of German Newspapers and the Volkswagen Diesel Scandal. Journal of Management Inquiry 2017, Epub ahead of print.
- Muzio D, Faulconbridge J, Gabbioneta C, Greenwood R. Bad apples, bad barrels and bad cellars: a ‘boundaries’ perspective on professional misconduct . In: Palmer, D; Smith-Crowe, K; Greenwood, R, ed. Organizational Wrongdoing. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press, 2016, pp.141-175.
- Gabbioneta C, Faulconbridge J, Currie G, Dinovitzer R, Muzio D. Inserting professionals and professional organizations in studies of wrongdoing: The nature, antecedents and consequences of professional misconduct. Human Relations 2016, 69(9), 1901-1901.
- Albanese M, Gabbioneta C. La crisi e il sistema fieristico italiano: un modello di business resiliente o in difficoltà?. Controllo di Gestione 2015, 3.
- Avallone F, Gabbioneta C, Ramassa P. L'Impairment test sull'Avviamento in Europa: Modelli di comportamento in una prospettiva pluriennale. Rivista Italiana di Ragioneria e di Economia Aziendale 2015.
- Avallone F, Gabbioneta C, Ramassa P, Sorrentino M. Why do firms write off their goodwill? A comparison of different accounting systems. Financial Reporting 2015, 1, 23-40.
- Gabbioneta C, Prakash R, Greenwood R. Sustained corporate corruption and processes of institutional ascription within professional networks. Journal of Professions and Organization 2014, 1(1), 16-32.
- Gabbioneta C, Greenwood R, Mazzola P, Minoja M. The influence of the institutional context on corporate illegality. Accounting, Organizations and Society 2013, 38(6-7), 484-504.
- Gabbioneta C. Reputazione aziendale e analisti finanziari. Una ricerca multi-metodo per lo sviluppo di alcune proposizioni. McGraw-Hill, 2012.
- Gabbioneta C, Mazzola P, Ravasi D. Corporate reputation and stock market behavior. In: Helm,S; Liehr,K; Storck,C, ed. Reputation Management. Springer, 2011.
- Mazzola P, Gabbioneta C. Disclosing strategy: Stock market's reaction to strategic plan presentation. In: Airoldi,G; Brunetti,G; Corbetta,C; Invernizzi,G, ed. Economia aziendale e management. 2010.
- Cameran M, Gabbioneta C, Moizer P, Pettinicchio A. What do client-firms think of their auditors? Evidence from the Italian Market. Corporate Reputation Review 2010, 12(4), 316-326.
- Gabbioneta C, Ravasi D, Mazzola P. Exploring the drivers of corporate reputation: A study of Italian securities analysts. Corporate Reputation Review 2007, 10(2), 99-123.
- Mazzola P, Ravasi D, Gabbioneta C. How to build reputation in financial markets. Long Range Planning 2006, 39(4), 385-407.
- Ravasi D, Gabbioneta C. Le component della reputazione aziendale: Indicazioni dalla ricerca RQ Italy. Economia & Management 2004, 3, 77-100.